X-Plane add-on developer Nimbus Simulation Studios has released an update for their rendition of the world’s busiest passenger airport Atlanta Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport (KATL) v2, bringing it to v2.2. They announced this on their Facebook page, mentioning the updates for Orlando International Airport (KMCO) and Miami International Airport (KMIA) in one breath.
The airfield covers 4,700 acres (1,900 ha) of land and can make use of 5 parallel runways, and is the primary hub of Delta Airlines. For more than 20 years now, Atlanta has been handling the largest number of passengers per year, operating nearly one million flights, mostly domestic. Since 2005 they hold the number 1 position of aircraft movements per year. As an international gateway to the United States, Atlanta ranks seventh. Two former Atlanta mayors gave the airport, built in 1925, its name.
- Information screens no longer show KORD as departure
- Normal textures changed to avoid squares at certain distance from an object
- Mispositioned objects relocated
- Plugin windows visible at night
- Apron orthophotos cleaned
- Delta hangar modified to match its current condition
- Terminal F geometry improved
- Marching ants on terminals are gone