MSFS developer MM Simulations recently took to social media to announce the release of their latest update for their Liège Airport scenery.
Liège Airport serves the city of Liège, Belgium, and while the airport does have some passenger services, the airport is most well-known for its cargo operations. Because of the airport’s location, it can quickly funnel goods from Western Europe to ports of call worldwide. In fact, the airport has grown to the 5th busiest cargo airport in Europe and the 22nd busiest cargo airport in the world. Currently, ASL Airlines Belgium, FedEx Express, and a few other cargo airlines claim Liège Airport as a hub.
While version 1.2.1 is not a significant overhaul, it should improve the overall look and feel of the scenery. This update focused on improving performance and cleaning up any modeling/texturing bugs to make the scenery as realistic as possible. Namely, the scenery now includes modeling for the areas surrounding the airport, 3D models optimized for better FPS, updated runway and apron textures, real-world elevation matching, and much more.
You can download the latest update of MM Simulations’ Liège Airport scenery from the sales store you purchased the scenery from. If you have not yet purchased the scenery, you can get a copy from the Contrail Webstore for €17.55 (excluding VAT).
- Optimized 3D models for FPS and performance improvements
- Included surrounding models
- Integrated real world matching elevation model
- Cargo parking signs specified
- Updated texture of FedEx terminal
- Updated apron and runway textures
- Fixed trailers parked in reverse
- Updated the north logistics area
- Challenge Technic container at stand 132 has been placed
- Updated blue lighting outside the main terminal
- Added Fort de Hollogne and FlyIn building
- Cleaned the dirt on the glass of the ASL group building