After several months of development previews, MK-Studios has surprise-released Ponta Delgada for Prepar3D. Situated out in the Atlantic ocean as part of the Portuguese archipelago of the Azores, the island of Ponta Delgada is a key hub for airlines such as Azores Airlines, Ryanair and SATA. João Paulo II Airport (LPPD) is connected by various airlines and serves destinations such as Funchal, London, Lisbon, Porto, Amsterdam and others. Because of its location out in the ocean, airlines flying from mainland Europe will need to be ETOPS registered in order to reach the island safely.
MK-Studios has spent considerable time bringing the airport to the simulator and including a number of key features that bring the airport to life. The entire airport has been modelled with the latest data, meaning ground layouts and stands are accurate. Interior modelling has also been included and all of the ground and building textures have PBR implemented. Night lighting has also been a focus for MK-Studios, with realistic directional taxiway centre lights and approach lights all included with correct brightness.
Beyond the airport, MK-Studios has also included satellite coverage for the whole airport area and also Ponta Delgada city, whilst also including mesh data for the whole island to ensure everything integrates seamlessly.
MK-Studios’ Ponta Delgada for Prepar3D is now available from OrbxDirect for $19.95 AUD (US$15.30 | €12,63 | £10.85).
- A fully detailed rendition of Ponta Delgada airport and its surroundings,
- Up to date ground layout and stands,
- Satellite coverage of the airport area and Ponta Delgada city,
- Mesh coverage for the whole island,
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions,
- Detailed AFCAD adjusted for AI addons,
- Custom objects placed around the airport,
- Accurately placed autogen buildings and vegetation,
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways,
- Full PBR implementation for the airport buildings,
- Terminal interior model (simplified for maximum performance),
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway centerline lights, approach lights including correct brightness and weather/time-based visibility conditions,
- Optimized Dynamic Lightning,
- Orbx Global/Vector compatible.