MK-Studios has just released Keflavik for Prepar3D v4. This airport comes with not only a representation of Keflavik Airport. BIKF, but also Akureyri Airport, BIAR. Two other smaller airports, BIGR and BIIS have also gotten some small enhancements.
Originally Keflavik was built by the US Military in WWII, and required regular travelers to go through military check points before the passenger terminal was relocated in 1987. The airport has two runways which are both just over 10,000ft in length in a plus shape pattern. The runways are long enough to support the NASA Space Shuttle back when it was still flying, the Antonov 225, and even Concorde. The airport still serves as one of the emergency landing strips for transatlantic flight. Keflavik serves as a hub for Icelandair, but also sees many other airlines, mainly from Europe. The airport is known for having challenging weather with strong winds and step approaches up to a 5.3 degree descent path. Boeing often uses this airport for crosswind testing.
This scenery has lots of details throughout it. Covering Keflavik with lots of details and its surrounding areas. A simplified Akureyri has been done with surroundings and autogen as well. PBR textures have been used for all taxiways, runways, airport buildings, and even PBR precipitation and snow effects. The terminals feature a simple interior for performance, optimized dynamic lighting, and takes advantages of P3D v4.5 HF2 features. A complete feature list can be found below.
- Highly detailed rendition of Keflavik airport and it’s surroundings,
- Simplified Akureyri airport rendition with surroundings and autogen,
- BIAR and BIIS airport enhancements (to work with ORBX Open LC EU),
- Orbx Global Iceland Demo / Open LC EU / VECTOR compatible,
- Up to date ground layout and stands according to the real world changes,
- 50cm/pixel satellite resolution for the approach area and airport,
- Mesh coverage for the airport surroundings,
- Accurate and detailed airport infrastructure based on real sizes and dimensions,
- Detailed AFCAD adjusted for AI addons,
- Over 10 000 accurately placed autogen buildings and vegetation,
- PBR implementation for taxiways and runways,
- PBR implementation for the airport buildings,
- PBR precipitation and snow effects,
- Terminal interior model (simplified for maximum performance),
- Very realistic night lighting with directional taxiway center line lights, approach lights including correct brightness and weather/time based visibility conditions,
- Optimized Dynamic Lightning,
- Compatible to all major traffic add-ons,
- SODE jetways, SODE VDGS and windsocks supported,
- Optimized to take advantages of new P3D V4.5 HF2 (or later) features.