Developer Miltech Simulations, known for their previous releases of the USS Lexington and USS George Bush aircraft carriers, is venturing further into the world of military equipment with the announcement of a MV-22B Osprey.
The Osprey is a tiltlrotor aircraft mainly in use with the United States military, with several branches using the aircraft. It’s also in use by the Japanese Self-Defence Forces, and India, Indonesia and Israel have all shown interest or signed contracts to start using the aircraft as well. The plane has a unique and distinctive look with its tilting rotors mounted on the ends of the wings. The plane features both VTOL and STOL capabilities, and combines helicopter capabilities with those of more conventional turboprop aircraft.
Miltech Simulations’ MV-22B Osprey promises to be a highly detailed one. Miltech Simulations has developed the plane in partnership with Maryadi, who has previously released a MV-22B Osprey for FSX and P3D. This MSFS version aims to be the “most detailed and comprehensive representation of the MV-22B Osprey ever created for a consumer flight simulator“. The aircraft will feature accurate and high quality external and internal models, made based on the aircraft flight manual and reference material. The aircraft will also feature an authentic interior, exterior night lighting (including the iconic blade tip lights), and several options and animations to control the aircraft doors and ramp.
When it comes to the aircraft systems, all instruments have been custom coded. The nacelles feature a realistic manual operation, there is a full simulation of the blade fold and wing stow, and the aircraft features an auto-hover capability, as well as auto-flaps and a custom auto pilot. VTOL and STOL flight dynamics have been realistically created. Also simulated is vortex ring state including a realistic simulation of VRS recovery manoeuvres.
Amphibious Ready Group
To complement an aircraft with so many capabilities Miltech Simulations is also releasing an Amphibious Ready Group. This amphibious ready group contains several types of warships that you can use to simulate several kinds of operations. You can start your flight from any of 16 locations around the globe featuring the USS America. From here you can simulate amphibious deployments, marine expeditionary missions or any other kind of operation to several other ships: the USS San Antonio, USS Lewis B. Puller, USS Virginia or the USNS Mercy. These all feature hard decks that are ready for you to land on.
The MV-22B Osprey as well as the Amphibious Ready Group are scheduled to release early in November. The products will be available through Orbx Direct as well as the MSFS Marketplace, though a price has not yet been announced. The add-ons will initially only be available for PC, but will also come to Xbox after Sim Update 12’s WASM compatibility. Furthermore, Miltech Simulations has also announced an Osprey Airport Pack set for release in Q1 of 2023. No details on this airport pack have yet been shared.
- Developed in partnership with talented aircraft developer Maryadi
- Most Detailed and Comprehensive representation of the MV-22B Osprey ever created for a consumer Flight Simulator.
- Accurate external model, as well as Internal cockpit model, based on the aircraft flight manual and references.
- Togglable automatic operation of Doors and Ramp based on the flight condition.
- Authentic interior and exterior Night Lighting, including Osprey’s iconic Blade Tip lights.
- 8 Hand-crafted Liveries included.
Cockpit and Systems
- Comprehensive simulation of the aircraft instrument and systems. All instruments have been custom coded to match the real counterpart.
- Realistic manual operation of engine nacelles based on airspeed, as per the real-life counterpart.
- Full Simulation of BFWS (Blade Fold and Wing Stow) Procedures.
- Accurate simulation of Auto-Hover capabilities, Auto-Flaps and custom-coded Autopilot.
Flight Dynamics and Engine Systems
- Custom VTOL/STOL Flight Dynamics, including realistic behavior of the aircraft handling during movement of the engine nacelles.
- Fully simulated Vortex Ring State: Dangerous aerodynamic stall condition that results in an uncontrollable descent of the aircraft. Realistic simulation of VRS Recovery maneuvers.
- Accurate simulation of the gearing system connecting both proprotors, allowing for 1 engine operations at reduced performance.
- Engine overstress limitations as per the real aircraft – engines cannot sustain full throttle for long periods of time.