Asobo Studios and Microsoft have released World Update IV, (version 188.8.131.52) which includes the regions of France, Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg, for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
The next huge world update for the ever-growing Microsoft Flight Simulator comes to the northwest European regions of France and Benelux nations. The update enhances the cities of Paris and Amsterdam with the use of photogrammetry and contains over 100 handcrafted, hand placed points of interest including the Arc de Triomphe in Paris, the Basilica of the Sacred Heart in Brussels and the windmills at Kinderdijk, Netherlands.
Asobo has also included three brand new handcrafted airports, Megeve Airport (LFHM) located in the French Alps region at an altitude of 4,800ft ASL, Nice Cote d’Azur Airport (LFMN) which services Nice, Cannes and Monaco on the Mediterranean coastline as well as Rotterdam The Hague Airport (EHRD) which serves the administrative and royal capital of the Netherlands. Orbx has also contributed to the update with visual and logical improvements to over 100 additional airports across the region.
There are two new additional activities to help you experience the enhanced areas in the form of a landing challenge at La Salette, in the heart of the French Alps, the challenge of landing on a very short, almost positive 45-degree slope is not for the faint-hearted. The second comes in the form of a bush trip through the Pyrenees along the border of France and Spain and the Alps.
This update fixes a number of bugs with various aircraft, users of the Honeycomb Bravo will notice they are now able to manipulate heading, altitude and speed in single increments rather than multiples of ten. Version 184.108.40.206 also comes with two additional languages to the user interface in Dutch and Japanese.
To install the free world update, you will be prompted to download the new installer from either Steam or the Microsoft Store. Once updated, head to the marketplace to download and install the free world content.
- Megève Airport (LFHM)
- Nice Côte d’Azur Airport (LFMN)
- Rotterdam The Hague Airport (EHRD)
- Paris and Amsterdam
- Visual and logical improvements for 100 additional airports
- Landing Challenge at La Salette
- Bush Trip in the Pyrenees and the Alps
- Fixed reduction of tree display distance that was caused by smaller tree sizes
- The water mask has been updated with the latest locations
- Localization has been added for Japanese and Dutch
- Incorrect fuel weight calculation when switching planes in the “Weight and Balance” screen has been fixed
- S7 Airbus A320neo livery has been added
- KLM Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner livery has been added
- Fixed screens not turning on under rare circumstances
- Fixed black screens for various Aviat Pitts Special S2S liveries
- Fixed altitude and standard altitude calculations to fix the altimeter behaviour (Now correctly calculates altitude based on altimeter pressure setting and outside pressure)
- Updated Diamond DA40NG speed, ground roll and fuel consumption
- Honeycomb device 10 degrees heading issue has been fixed
- Fix sim rate speed change according to the various activity types
- Autopilot has been fixed in the second tutorial
- Known issue: The cockpit screens can end up in an unresponsive state if the RTC finishes and proceed into flight. Please make sure to click the Fly Now button before the RTC ends. (RTC = Real-Time Cinematic)