Following on from the huge Sim Update 5 release earlier this week, Microsoft and Asobo Studio has released a new patch for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The new patch addresses a number of problems that arose following the release of version 22.214.171.124 that was released earlier this week.
The new patch sees a number of changes to the stability and performance of the simulator, including various crash to desktop issues, minor memory leaks and also crashes relating to the offline AI traffic. Furthermore, some changes to the navigation have been made such as the flightplanner not resetting and also some occasional freezing being fixed. Other minor changes include a fix to the weather having temperature spikes at high altitudes, improved UI elements when using the in-game cursor and the fact that the sim should no longer freeze when you connect/disconnect a peripheral.
The patch is now available for both PC and Xbox Series X|S users. To get it, simply boot up your simulator and start the download and installation process. Remember, you may want to temporarily rename your Community Folder to get ensure compatibility and no issues whilst you update.
You can read all about Sim Update V in our previous post. We’ll have a review for the Xbox Series X|S version of the simulator very soon.
Featured image by SimFlight2020
- Fixed various crashes in game and on the world map
- Fixed crashes related to the offline AI traffic
- Fixed minor memory leaks
- The title should no longer freeze for a very long time when connecting / disconnecting peripherals
- Fixed broken flight plan for Garmin devices when adding an enroute waypoint that was inserted as a destination
- Fixed flightplanner not resetting when going from one activity to another
- Fixed flightplan from flight assistant not displaying on certain planes when VFR map is open after the destination is set
- Fixed freezes happening when using the flight assistant when setting a new destination
- VR options should no longer be duplicated in the Option menu
- Marketplace “Get and download” and “Download” buttons will now function as expected on the Content Page
- User unable to interact with UI elements with the in game cursor for free flight in some cases
- Improvements of pitot static system to fix altimeter bugs, improve accuracy and correctly simulate temperature impact
- Fixed AutoBrakes Button Behavior on the Airbus A320Neo
ACTIVITY / GAMEPLAY
- The correct runway is now taken into account for the Landing challenge at Nice
- Pilots are now displayed in external view at the Isafjordur Landing challenge
- Title will no longer become unresponsive after using Fuel Supply and using a fuel or payload as a numerical value via ATC Ground Services
- Some achievements will no longer be awarded in error for certain landing scenarios
- Fixed big temperature spikes at high altitudes
- Added new airspace to nearest facility JS API
- Fixed crashes on WASM modules for older CPUs