Posted just now on the FlightSimulator blog, MicrosoftFlight Simulator patch 184.108.40.206 is now available to download. The new patch, which is free and can be installed now and addresses some issues such as installation issues, content manager problems and also provides a much more stable SimConnect experience to no longer have significant FPS drops when using it.
The patch notes also indicate that the sim will no longer crash when adding or disconnecting devices or peripherals, and also the installation process will no longer be blocked for numerous reasons such as failed connections to servers. Finally, performance has been improved when name plates are set to active.
The patch was made available to download at 17:00z and installation should be fairly easy. To install, close down Microsoft Flight Simulator and relaunch the simulator. The sim will then go through the process of updating itself. However, the blog post did say that if you do have issues then you should do a clean install of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Full instructions on how to perform a clean install can be found on the blog post.
You can read our review on Microsoft Flight Simulator here, or you can view the store page on Microsoft’s website.
PATCH NOTES (220.127.116.11)
- The title will no longer crash when different input devices/peripherals are disconnected
- The title will no longer crash when the TBM 930 package is deleted
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a partial decompression of a package
- The install process will no longer be blocked when a local user account includes non-ASCII characters
- The install process will no longer be blocked after a failed connection to servers
- The install process will no longer display an empty onboarding screen under certain conditions
- The title will download a critical missing/deleted package to access the main menu even if the save data preference is set to offline (when an internet connection is available)
- The title will no longer automatically download packages that have been deleted through the content manager
- The content manager will no longer get stuck in an infinite loading state when checked offline
- The Creator name of the packages should now be properly updated
- Significant FPS drop when using Simconnect should no longer affect the experience
- The performance of the title has been improved when the Display name plate option is set to active
- The correct currency is now properly updated in the marketplace