Just over 2 weeks after the initial release of Prepar3D v5, the first hotfix for the simulator has been released. This hotfix brings changes that will help with the VRAM usage in the sim, as well as other high priority issues that were identified after launch.
The update also brings plenty of fixes to the client, content, scenery, and SDK. This hotfix also brings the latest version of Prepar3D v5 to V188.8.131.52874. You can download the latest version of the sim from Purchased Downloads page. Lockheed Martin also recommends a full reinstall of the simulator for this hotfix. A full change log can be found below, and you can read the press release from Lockheed Martin here.
CLIENT FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Reduced VRAM usage by automatically reducing texture sizes on distant objects.
- Variable Refresh Rate (VRR) displays are now supported.
- Fixed crash that could occur on approach at low altitudes in some cases.
- Fixed driver hang caused by the ATC window in some cases.
- Fixed crash when closing camera preview window.
- Vehicle preview screen now shows interior model if no exterior model exists.
- Fixed issue causing detached avatar to crash if parent vehicle crashed.
- Fixed issue causing shadow errors in SimDirector when Enhanced Atmospherics was active.
- Multichannel host now serializes library effect mappings.
- IsOnGround now properly set when initializing mobile scenery objects in SimDirector.
- DLLStop is now called on all DLL plugins before being removed.
- Fixed issues causing VR views to be out of sync.
- Fixed issue preventing traffic from clearing in some cases.
- Fixed issue causing invalid reflections in right eye in VR.
- Enhanced Atmospherics is now supported in VR stereo and mono modes.
- Fixed issue preventing AI from taking off and landing at airports in some cases.
- Improved Enhanced Atmospherics cloud shadows.
- Fixed issue where adjusting time preview would cause AI to spawn.
- Fixed crash that would occur when playing a flight recording from command line.
- Fixed issue causing multiplayer session status to appear differently on client and host machines.
- Fixed issue causing a crash to occur before user was prompted that VRAM budget was exceeded.
- Fixed issue where reflections in right eye were one frame behind in VR single pass mode.
- Fixed issue preventing panel mouse interaction from working in VR in some cases.
- Reduced intensity of default landing light effect.
- Improved AI brake behavior on sloped surfaces.
- Additional improvements to ground contact reaction.
- Fixed long UI load times if large amounts of add-ons were installed.
- Fixed issue where GPS broadcast and sound in slew settings were not loaded correctly at startup.
- Fixed issue where flight plans would reapply if currently active when pressing OK in the options screen.
- Various Enhanced Atmospherics cloud appearance improvements.
- Fixed application hang that would occur if VR threw an error in single pass mode.
- Fixed issue causing vehicle select sort ordering to reverse in some cases.
- Fixed crash that would occur if a docked view was closed while being moved.
- Fixe issue where SimConnect_CreateEffect was not initializing PBH values.
- Added VR cursor settings.
- Fixed issue where terrain textures would draw on top of each other in some cases.
CONTENT FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed issue where right rudder could detach from vertical stabilizer in F-35A.
- Updated TTA paint scheme.
- Fixed various effect colors.
- Fixed issue with incorrect sun visor transparency in the CUASE.
- Fixed bad scenario briefing formatting seen in some resolutions.
SCENERY FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Improved freeway lane textures.
- Fixed issue preventing AI push back from occurring.
- Fixed various water data issues.
- Updates to several airports and surrounding areas including KSAN, KPVD, KXNA, and KTRI.
- Fixed VMMC taxiway elevation issues.
- Fixed various bridge issues.
SDK FIXES AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Fixed issue with FX tool not loading certain values from effect files in some cases.