Following on from the recent previews from LatinVFR, the scenery development team has released Madrid-Barajas Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Madrid-Barajas Airport (LEMD) is the busiest in Spain serving over 60 million passengers each year. The airport features 4 runways all over 3,500m in length, meaning that aircraft of any size can visit throughout the year. Madrid is home to Spain’s national carrier, Iberia, but also sees airlines such as Ryanair, Wizz Air, easyJet and Air Europa offering routes around Europe and the USA. For those seeking long-haul adventures from the airport can fly American Airlines, Emirates, Cathay Pacific and plenty of others.
This is one of the biggest airports ever developed by LatinVFR and the team has gone to great lengths to include a large number of details and features. This includes handmade PBR texturing and realistic ground markings that reflect the current airport layout. In addition, the team has included realistic terminal buildings (with complete interiors) and also dozens of city landmarks throughout the city of Madrid. Despite the size, LatinVFR has said that the airport has been optimised for the best performance on a variety of system types.
You can buy LatinVFR’s Madrid-Barajas Airport (LEMD) from their website for $17.99 USD. You can also get a discount on the airport by using the code LEMDMSFS if you already own the Prepar3D version. You can also purchase it from simMarket for €17.99 and the discount is automatically applied should you already own the P3D airport in your account.
- Handmade and detailed PBR ground markings and textures according to the most recent airport situation
- Handmade, Realistic terminals with interiors, cargo buildings, airport buildings using MSFS PBR materials.
- Realistic airport lighting.
- Realistic airport elevation, according to real world data. The runways elevation and profile according to real world airport charts. Placement of objects and buildings placed according to the elevation of the airport.
- Dozens of Madrid city landmarks, and important points of interest, such as monuments, palaces stadiums and high-rise buildings.
- Optimized for performance to be used on most types of systems.
- Customized and enhanced jetways, 3 different types of jetways according to the real world.
- Discount for previous customers of LEMD for P3D. Use promo code LEMDMSFS