Just Flight continues to provide the Microsoft Flight Simulator community GA aircraft to enjoy. Their most recent release is the PA-28 161 Warrior II and serves as a great aircraft to tour the virtual world below.
Developed by the in-house team, Just Flight’s Piper Warrior II is a highly detailed and accurate rendition of the piston aircraft. The fixed-pitch propeller has 160hp in its four-cylinder engine. Built based on hands-on research with G-BOZI at Conington Airfield, the aircraft comes with plenty of features and functionality.
As with other Just Flight aircraft, the Warrior II comes equipped with a detailed model which is complete with 4K PBR texturing. Furthermore, there is a number of custom systems powering the aircraft and giving it life. For example. the electrical system is custom coded and this also gives the ability to interact with circuit breakers. There are functioning carburetor and primer controls, plug fouling, limited battery life and much more.
For the sounds, Just Flight has used the latest WWise technology to create an authentic sound-set for the aircraft, giving you the chance to hear exactly what a pilot would hear when flying the world in this GA aircraft. Custom sound effects have also been added to simulate flying situations and conditions.
Finally, a number of liveries from around the world have been included, along with a detailed paint kit offering you the chance to create your own custom livery.
Just Flight’s PA-28 161 Warrior II is now available to buy for £29.99 (plus applicable taxes) from the Just Flight store.
- Accurately modelled PA-28-161 Warrior II, built using real-world aircraft plans and comprehensive photography of the real aircraft
- Numerous animations including passenger door, baggage door, cockpit storm window, sun visors and oil cover
- Ground equipment including chocks, tie-downs and pushback towbar
- 4096 x 4096 textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity
- PBR (Physically Based Rendering) materials with real-time environment reflections for superb quality and realism
- Detailed normal mapping for down-to-the-rivet precision of aircraft surfaces
- Ground services support (marshaller and fuel truck)
- Full support for MSFS visual icing effects
- A truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to accurately modelled seat belts and screw heads – every instrument is constructed fully in 3D with smooth animations
- Cockpit textures feature wear and tear based on reference photos taken in the real aircraft to produce an authentic environment, with optional ‘clean’ textures for a less worn look
- Dimmable instrument, radio and dome lighting, with separate control circuits
- Tablet EFB for controlling various aircraft options and checking aircraft and flight information:
– ‘Cold & Dark’, ‘Ready for Take-off’ and ‘Ready for Start’ aircraft states
– Persistent aircraft states, allowing you to always return to your cockpit in the same state that you last left it
– Automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on those long distance cross-country flights
– GPS unit selection – GPS 100, GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– Direction Indicator (DI) or Horizontal Situation Indicator (HSI) instrument options
– Aircraft failures (spark plug fouling, vapour lock, oil use and battery failure)
– Passenger, baggage and oil inspection door controls
– Flight computer with useful information such as fuel burn, endurance, speed and wind speed/direction
- Fully functional and comprehensive IFR capable avionics fit including:
– KMA 20 audio selector unit
– KX 170B COM 1 / NAV 1 radio
– KX 175B COM 2 / NAV 2 radio
– KN 62 DME unit which can display information from NAV 1, NAV 2 or its own inbuilt receiver (NAV 3)
– Century 21 autopilot with lateral hold modes – HDG, NAV, APR, REV (altitude hold clickspot included)
– KT 76A transponder unit
– KR 85 ADF unit with ADF/ANT/BFO modes and support for fractional frequencies, e.g. 383.3
– GPS 100, GNS 430/GNS 530 and GTN 750 (requires freeware PMS-50 GTN 750)
– HSI/OBS support RNAV approach indications
- Yoke-mounted flight timer/clock
- Independently operated left and right (standby) altimeter, with mb and inHg barometric scales depending on units of measurement setting
- Developed using the latest MSFS standards, including intuitive and easy-to-use controls for rotary knobs, multi-position switches and levers
- Fully compatible with MSFS VR mode
- Custom-coded fuel system including the option to have automatic switching of the fuel tanks for use on long distance cross-country flights
- Custom-coded electrical system with functional circuit breakers, avionics power circuit and emergency bus controls
- Functioning carburettor and primer controls
- Failures including spark plug fouling, limited battery life, vapour lock and more
- Lighting system includes separate lighting control for instruments (via rheostat) and realistic implementation of navigation light / radio light rheostat
- Many other details, such as a passenger door that automatically closes with airflow and vibrating engine exhausts!
- Full support for MSFS checklists (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes)
- Original Lycoming O-320 engine samples
- Detailed physics-based effects on engine and wind noise
- Authentic audio for every switch, button, lever and electrical system
- Accurately positioned 3D sound sources (best enjoyed in VR!)
- Custom crash and scraping effects
- Background panel rattle at low engine RPM and more!
- G-BOZI (UK)
- G-OPTI (UK)
- G-SIXT (UK – BOAC flying club)
- N8289A (USA)
- D-EIIT (Germany)
- F-GEDO (France)
- C-FOEC (Canada)
- VH-BVM (Australia)
- Realistic and accurate flight dynamics based on real world performance and handling data and input from Warrior pilots
- Comprehensive manual with panel guide and performance data
- PSD Paint Kit incuded so you can create your own paint schemes