Yet another update for the Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III has been released for the Microsoft Flight Simulator aircraft. Version 0.3.0 includes a variety of fixes and improvements over the original version.
Within the new update, a whole new checklist system has been added meaning that pilots can run through the checklists in both automatic and manual modes. This means you will be able to get the aircraft in the air (and back on the ground) knowing you’ve followed the correct flows. Furthermore, there has been a range of fixes including to the airspeed indicator, the yoke timer and also various animations. Finally, there have been fixes to the autopilot meaning that the mode engagement logic is now fixed along with the VOR disengagement issue being resolved. The full list of changes can be found down below.
Whilst our first look is based on an older version of the aircraft, it will still give you some good insight into the aircraft’s features within the simulator. Check it out below.
The Piper Arrow was developed from the original Piper Cherokee, first built in 1960 from the US based aircraft manufacturer. The four-seat, fixed landing gear Arrow III, first took flight in 1994 equipped with the Lycoming O-320-D3G engine, producing 180 horsepower.
The Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator is available to buy now from the Just Flight store for £29.99 via the Just Flight website.
- Checklists added (manual and automatic/co-pilot modes supported)
- Direction Indicator (DI) bezel now illuminated by panel lighting
- Whiskey compass animation fixed
- Sun visor animation now visible from exterior
- GNS 530 display now remains visible after GPS unit toggle on EFB is used
- Landing gear auto-extension logic fixes
- Airspeed indicator (ASI) needle accuracy issue fixed
- Airspeed indicator (ASI) TAS scale fixed
- Yoke timer paused when yoke hidden – fixed
- ON/OFF control assignments now supported (e.g. lights, master/alternator)
- Autopilot OMNI/VOR hold disengaging after flying overhead VOR – fixed
- Autopilot mode engagement logic fixes
- HSI no longer drifts
- Aircraft type now included in ATC calls
- inHG baro scale added to standby altimeter
- Yoke visibility, emergency gear lever, co-pilot, chock, tie-down and towbar -selections, COM/NAV/ADF frequencies and fuel load are now included in state saving
- Chock, tie-down and towbar selections can now be made via LVars for use by cockpit builders, VR users etc
- KMA 20 audio selector logic fixes
- Paint kit horizontal stabiliser texture fixes
- Yoke pitch animations added to exterior model
- Further VR compatibility tweaks (including larger clickspots for small controls, fixed EFB power and GPS 100 buttons)
- COM/NAV volumes now set to 100% when ending flight in Arrow III to prevent issues with other aircraft
- Flap lever vibration when using control axis – fixed
- GNS 430/530 not powering up when avionics master control is assigned fixed