Just Flight has updated its PA-28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The freely available update can be acquired from your Just Flight account. It requires a full reinstall of the product.
The new update sees various improvements and changes to the aircraft since it was released the other week. One of the most requested feature requests was the implementation of icing effects, which Just Flight has now added. Further to that, various animations and textures have now been fixed including the propeller animation, the cockpit texture resolution, and also how the landing lights illuminate the nearby area during hours of darkness. In addition, support for “set” control assignments have been added, along with improvements to the flight dynamics for various phases of flight.
Be sure to also check out our first look at the aircraft.
The Piper Arrow was developed from the original Piper Cherokee, first built in 1960 from the US based aircraft manufacturer. The four-seat, fixed landing gear Arrow III, first took flight in 1994 equipped with the Lycoming O-320-D3G engine, producing 180 horsepower.
The Just Flight PA-28R Arrow III for Microsoft Flight Simulator is available to buy now from the Just Flight store for £29.99 via the Just Flight website.
- Icing effects added
- Propeller animations fixed
- Improvements to exterior surface detail and decals added for higher texture resolution in previously lower resolution exterior and cockpit areas
- GNS 430/530 – Power functionality and backlighting added, 2D pop-outs fixed
- Fuel selector can now be controlled using ‘FUEL SELECTOR 1 LEFT/OFF/RIGHT’ assignments
- Tweaks to autopilot roll control
- Improvements to FDE – idle RPM fixed, vibration/wobble reduced
- VR compatibility fixes
- Support added for the following ‘set’ control assignments – Battery, alternator, beacon light, landing light, navigation lights, strobe lights, pitot heat
- Landing light illumination area increased
- Cockpit texture resolution no longer reduced with lower graphical settings selected
- Autopilot and navigation lights circuit breakers now affect associated systems
- Autopilot heading mode active without autopilot engaged – fixed
- Tutorial flight files added
- Engine priming and start tweaked for greater realism, manual updated to provide more information on engine priming before start up
- Wind direction reversed on EFB – fixed
- Navigation mode will now default to VLOC/NAV unless state saving is enabled and GPS mode was selected on previous flight
- CDI on NAV/OBS 1 now responds correctly to GPS course
- GPS 100 sometimes stuck in self-test mode – fixed
- Manual changes to transponder code sometimes not triggering response from ATC – fixed
- Transponder mode changes not being recognised by ATC – fixed
- Rudder trim direction reversed – fixed
- COM and NAV audio idents – fixed
- EFB and GPS 100 displays no longer refresh when not in use for improved performance (FPS). EFB automatically turns off when hidden.
- OAT indicator fixed
- ELT set to ON when selecting cold & dark state – fixed
- Environment (e.g. cloud, taxi markings) sometimes visible in footwell
- inHG barometric setting option added to altimeters
- Mixture ‘decrease incrementally’ assignment fixed
- Custom registration decals now remain visible at a greater distance (lower LOD)
- Gear mechanism animation fixes