Following the success of Just Flight’s Real Taxiways in the USA, the team is back with a European edition of the utility add-on for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Developed by Black Square, Real Taxiways Europe for Microsoft Flight Simulator adds updates to over 41,500 airport signs across 1,165 airports within Europe that make them more realistic and fitting with regional variation.
Real Taxiways Europe overrides default signage at airports across Europe to make them more realistic. This includes matching the signage to match ICAO standards and country-specific naming conventions. These new signs also better match up with current airport charts and can be easily read from within the cockpit without having to zoom. Furthermore, there are double-sided taxiway signs, authentic texturing on the signs and LAHSO markings are removed when they are not there in the real world.
For those who don’t want a specific airport to feature taxiway signage from Real Taxiways Europe, you can exclude any airport(s). This will help avoid any conflicts with other add-ons you may have for the sim.
If you want to learn a bit more about Real Taxiways and how it works in general, you can check out our review of the North American version.
You can see the full list of airports covered in Real Taxiways Europe for Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can check out the PDF user guide.
- 1,165 airports updated with 41,500+ taxiway signs!
- Real-world taxiway names
- Near real-world taxiway sign placement
- Taxiway signs match ICAO standards and country-specific naming conventions
- Multiple variations of all sign types
- Double-sided taxiway signs
- Sign sizes are appropriate to the airport
- Hundreds of airport sign ‘personalities’ for an authentic experience
- No signs obstructing taxiways or runways
- Drastically reduced lights on active taxiways at airports without green centreline lighting (~90%)
- Signs easily readable from cockpit without zooming
- LAHSO markings removed where they are not present in the real world (present at almost every runway intersection by default)
- Destination signs match real-world charts
- Closed taxiways updated and signs added
- Sign text padding corrected and more readable