Just Flight has released a new enhancement mod for the default Cessna 172SP (standard, float plane and ski plane) included in the Premium and Premium Deluxe versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator.
This new enhancement mod promises to boost the realism within the default Cessna 172SP, with enhancements to the electrical system such as fully functional circuit breakers and dynamic battery voltages. Even engine wear and tear is simulated which could have consequences over time if the aircraft is not looked after. Inside the cockpit, users will find enhanced instruments which include a custom-coded KAP140 autopilot that adds many missing features. The PMS GNS 530/430 is included and some nifty additions such as working cabin heat/defrost, vibrating gauge needles and custom lighting throughout that even dims if the voltage is low.
It is worth noting again that unfortunately, this enhancement mod is only available to those users who purchased the Premium or Premium Deluxe version of MSFS. Hopefully, we can see more enhancement packages like this for the Standard version of MSFS.
You can purchase the Cessna 172SP Classic Enhancement mod from the Just Flight website for £14.99.
- Dynamic battery voltage drop
- Correct ammeter display
- External charging available
- Accurately working relays
- Battery amperage subject to temperatures
- Functional circuit breakers, which may trip from faulty equipment
Cockpit and equipment
- Optional state saving with 90+ points being saved so that your plane will be just as you left it
- Gyro spin-up animations
- Custom lighting throughout dims if the voltage is low
- Gauge needles subject to engine vibrations
- ADF needle subject to noise
- ADF needle instrument upgraded to the KI 227-01, which slaves the ADF card to the directional gyro
- Working cabin heat/defrost
- Fully functional M803 clock, including settable FT alarm and ET countdown mode
- Operational MD-41 GPS annunciator
- PMS GNS 530/430 included
- Custom-coded KAP140 autopilot corrects and adds a lot of missing features including accurate hold altitude, functional ALT arming, 20ft altitude adjustments and aural alerting
- Enhanced KT76 transponder, with dynamic radar pings and correct dimming function
- KR87 ADF with proper testing feature and audible ET countdown alarm
- All Bendix units feature an accurate font, and the KAP140 and KR87 have auto-dimming displays
Engine wear and tear
- Spark plug fouling
- General engine wear
- Functional engine priming
- Starter overheating
- Oil usage
Everything simulated may have consequences if not maintained. From gradual power loss as the hours accumulate, fouled plugs and engine failure from lack of oil, to the struts getting ripped from the fuselage from too many hard landings.