The folks at Just Flight announced they will soon be bringing flyers the opportunity to try some of the most picturesque and beautiful flying in Great Britain. Its time to take a trip up to bonnie Scotland.
Just Flight’s claims their new GenMart system which uses a combination of photographic scenery with accurately placed objects like wind turbines, wind farms, lighthouses, and churches to create an immersive 3D feel
The scenery not only includes the Scottish mainland, but islands as far north as the Shetlands, and as far west as St, Kilda in the Hebrides.
On the technical side this scenery makes use of a 5m mesh to showcase the varied landscapes that Scotland offers. Just Flight has improved on image quality using both 25cm and 50cm aerial images which in the simulator translates into 60cm near airport and 1.2m scenery beyond.
This scenery is due shortly with a SRP of $37.99.
- Multiple simulator support – the scenery can be active in all your supported simulators at the same time using a single installation
- 25cm/50cm aerial photos taken from 2015 onwards used as source imagery
- Scenery Manager utility included so you can adjust scenery options and activate/deactivate the scenery in individual simulators
- Performance boost – because the display of photo textures and individually placed autogen objects is more efficient than the generic tile-based system used in default scenery, the performance of your simulator(s) will actually improve when NexGen 3D scenery is being used!
- 1.2m/pixel general texture resolution. The texture resolution around airports and specific points of interest is 60cm/pixel.
- 5m (ultra-high) elevation mesh resolution
- Comprehensive 3D autogen coverage of buildings and vegetation, accurately placed from real-world data
- Numerous additional custom scenery objects
- Adjusted default landmark objects
- Optional custom night textures
- All water areas are created as simulator ‘water’ and are fully landable in appropriate aircraft
- Default airports or runways have been adjusted as necessary
- Automatic updating as new or expanded data becomes available
- Compatible with third party airport sceneries