Following last weeks announcement, Just Flight has released the full version of Air Hauler 2 meaning it is now out of the early access stage.
The full version comes after the accretion of numerous new features, innumerable updates and enhancements during the early access period.
Air Hauler 2 essentially gives purpose to your flying by creating jobs from one, often remote, airport to another. For those not just looking to fly, you’re also able to run your own freight and passenger airline. Being able to run your own airline from both the ‘boardroom’ and the cockpit.
Those seeking a more social and expansive experience are even able to recruit other Air Hauler 2 pilots to fly for their airline, with joining other airlines possible as well. You can view the complete, comprehensive features list at the end of this article.
You can grab a hold of Just Flight’s Air Hauler 2 on their own store for a price of €37.95 (Excl. VAT). To learn more about Air Hauler 2 you can view the product page. It is compatible with FSX/SE and Prepar3D v1-4.
- In-flight menu system – manage your company and accept jobs without leaving your host simulator.
- Cargo jobs – more variety, better-paid jobs, and much, much faster generation than in Air Hauler.
- Passenger operations – fly single passenger jobs between any airport you choose or set up a schedule and routes for your airline to fly. You can let your AI pilots fly these routes or you can fly any of them at any time.
- Missions – take missions from new contacts you meet as you travel to new airports and destinations.
- Virtual Airlines – create your own Virtual Airline and recruit other AH2 pilots from around the world to fly passenger and cargo jobs! Advertise your airline on the Air Hauler 2 Hiring Bulletin Board. Accept and fly jobs from the Global Job Board and compete with other airlines for the best hauls.
- Humanitarian missions – respond to real-world disasters by manufacturing and delivering relief supplies to local airports.
- New AI pilot skills tree system – AI pilots can now be ‘trained’ in over 18 different skills which bring benefits to your company.
- Take missions from clients at airports – supply them with rare commodities or perform photo recon flights or private charter flights.
- Commodity trading – buy and sell commodities rather than just move them for clients. Make your own fortune trading between airports!
- Upgrade your bases – upgrade them with fuel depots and commodity storage facilities, allowing you to hedge fuel prices and store commodities long term.
- Factories and production – build factories at your bases and use them to produce desirable commodities which can’t be bought on the open market.
- See full airport charts in Air Hauler 2 itself – charts are provided with the kind permission of John Allard.
- Find aircraft parts from vendors – find these at larger airports and use them to repair your fleet or build new aircraft yourself rather than buying them!
- New type rating system – get qualified on aircraft before you or your AI pilots can fly them.
- Buy and fly aircraft in your personal fleet – you can also transfer money from your company into your own personal account.
- Buy new aircraft direct from the manufacturer, or buy second hand – have the aircraft shipped to you or go and collect them yourself and fly them home.
- All-new Map views with great circle routes – several map tile choices are available.
- Create ‘custom airports’ – create an airport which will be recognised in Air Hauler 2 for any scenery which doesn’t create a ‘proper’ airport in Flight Simulator (i.e. the Orbx series and other airport add-ons).
- Included database of common aircraft – designed to populate the stats while importing – no more searching for fuel burn figures!