Adrenaline junkies, helicopter pilots and bush flyers… pack your virtual suitcases, get those cameras ready and head to the spectacular Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe, thanks to Jeppeson2001’s latest release.
Situated on the Zambezi River in Southern Africa, Victoria Falls is one of the largest waterfalls in the world and boasts stunning views and a plethora of thrill-seeking adventures.
Now in Microsoft Flight Simulator, the scenery comes jam-packed with intricate details, making the falls a must-visit for sim pilots. Among some of the features of the scenery include fully-animated bungee-jumpers, African wildlife and even white-water rafters along it’s 30km of animated rapids.
As in reality, the area around the waterfall is littered with various heliports and dirt strips, meaning there’s no shortage of different sorties sim pilots can choose from. Furthermore, be sure to check the boards at some of the airstrips and heliports for route maps of tours you can recreate in the simulator.
You can purchase a copy of Jeppeson2001’s Victoria Falls Scenery at simmarket.com for EUR 14.00 (excluding VAT).
- Victoria Falls – animated with sounds & mist effects
- 4 bush strips
- 6 Heliports with multiple starting spots
- 30 landable Helipads in total
- Additional remote Helipads along the Zambezi River
- Victoria Falls Bridge with animated bungee jumper
- Animated Microlight, Speedboat, Raft, & Cable Car
- Animated rapids along a 23 mile (37kms) stretch of the Batoka Gorge ( Zambezi River)
- Animated hangar doors and Heli Mover at Elephant Hills Heliport
- Modelled River boats & tourist hotels
Airstrips & Heliports List:
- Kazungula Airfield (ZW54) 3,343ft Dirt Runway, 2 Parking spots & 3 Helipads – Home to MJAir Helicopters
- Elephant Hills Heliport (ZW55) 3 Helipads – Home to The Zambezi Helicopter Company
- Chikopokopo Heliport (ZW56) 2 Helipads – Home to Chikopokopo Helicopters
- Masuwe Heliport (ZW57) 6 Helipads – Home to Bonisair Helicopter Company
- Big Four Heliport (ZW59) 1 Helipad – Home to Big Four African Hunting Safaris
- River Rapids 19 (ZW61) 1 Helipad – White Water Rafting pick-up & Drop-off spot.
- Rapids 10 – Gnashing Jaws Of Death Rapid (ZM10) 1 Helipad – White Water Rafting Picnic Spot & Pick-up & Drop-off zone.
- Taita Falcon Lodge (ZM17) 1 Helipad
- Jet Extreme Boats Camp (ZM15) 1 Helipad – Home to Jet Extreme Boats, Cable car to beach and Jetboat
- Rapids 19 River Bushcamp (ZM19) 1 Helipad – White Water Rafting pick-up & Drop-off spot.
- Baobab Camp Airfield (ZM34) 3,281ft Dirt Runway, 2 parking Spots – Home to United Air Charter
- Batoka Airfield & Heliport (ZM35) 1,482ft & 1,153ft Dirt Runways, 2 parking spots, 4 helipads – Home to Batoka Sky
- Boabab Camp Heliport (ZM41) 2 Helipads – Home to United Air Charter Helicopters
- Maramba River Airfield (ZM42) 984ft Dirt Runway, 1 parking spot.