Following a few teasers over the past few weeks, iniScene has released London Heathrow Airport (EGLL) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
London’s Heathrow Airport is one of the busiest in the world and is home to the UK’s flagship airline, British Airways. Airlines from around the world visit the large London hub, taking passengers and cargo to all corners of the world. The airport is split into various terminals, has two parallel runways and has an on-display Concorde as a symbolic reminder of one of the aircraft’s main hubs.
As you can see below, the feature list for this version of Heathrow is fairly extensive. Included with the product is 80 custom modelled buildings in and out of the airport boundary, whilst there are over 10,000 custom car models in various car parks around the airport. Furthermore, there are various jetway variations that are true-to-life of the airport itself, as well as over 400 custom made taxi signs. For extra realism, iniScene has also modelled the Emirates A380 and Turkish Airlines roundabouts, bespoke gate equipment and also animated radio towers and cranes.
You can buy Heathrow Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator now from the iniBuilds store for £17.99 GBP (plus VAT). A version for the Xbox version of the simulator will be made available at a later date through the in-sim Marketplace.
A Prepar3D version is confirmed to be in the works and will release at a later date.
iniScene London Heathrow Feature List
- 80+ custom modelled and textured POIs and buildings in and out of the airport boundary with accurate PBR texturing.
- 10,000+ custom iniScene car models scattered throughout parking lots outside of the airport boundary.
- Aggressive performance saving methods featuring LOD model optimization (Level of Detail) and meticulous optimization where possible throughout the scenery.
- Full Xbox compatibility and optimization when purchased on the Microsoft Store for Xbox.*
- 5 accurately-placed jetway variations with realistic PBR texturing and animations.
- Hand-made ground polygons featuring custom decals, dirt, taxi lines and ground markings.
- Over 430 custom made and hand placed taxi signs dotted throughout the airfield as in the real world.
- Main airport landsides with ground markings and lighting faithfully re-created.
- British Airways Concorde G-BOAB faithfully recreated and on-display before runway 27L.
- Over 2,500 individually placed accurately colour toned airport lights scattered around the terminals.
- Accurate logos and real-world decals scattered throughout the airport to promote a true to life feeling.
- Custom-created, accurate and known landside points of interest such as the landmark
- Emirates A380 and Turkish Airlines roundabouts.
- Hand-corrected, colour accurate ortho imagery.
- Hand-placed bespoke ground service equipment at each gate featuring over 2,000+ containers, 2,000+ cargo dollies and a plethora of various static equipment.
- Animated points of interest including radio towers and construction cranes.