After only announcing the airport last week, iniBuilds has released New York John F Kennedy International Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
iniBuilds has spent considerable time bringing the airport to life in the simulator. The new airport product will come with highly detailed hand-crafted ground textures, airport buildings and models, accurate dynamic airport lighting, and bespoke taxi signage. Furthermore, the team has ensured that the airport is an up-to-date rendition with the current airport layout, custom jetways with PBR materials, and a fully animated JFK AirTrain which runs between the terminals.
Performance is a concern to simmers and iniBuilds, which is why JFK comes with LOD optimisations for every model ensuring good performance across a range of systems, and an accurate representation of the famous Canarsie approach. You can also use the iniManager to turn on/off various options to improve performance or add extra features like interior terminal modelling, animated people and ground clutter.
The developer also confirmed that, as with their LAX product, the John F. Kennedy International Airport addon will receive continued product support throughout its lifetime, as the real world airport is currently undergoing construction works which when completed will change the layout of the airport. Most notable of these changes is the new Terminal 1, which is currently under construction atop the site of the old terminal 1, 2 and 3.
John F Kennedy Airport (KJFK) is one of the largest airports in the world and serves the city of New York, bringing millions of passengers through its doors each year. It’s a busy domestic and international airport, with four main runways (longest being over 12,000ft) and a number of terminals. Furthermore, there’s a large cargo operation at the airport, meaning JFK is a great airport for anyone looking to explore America’s North East.
- Hand crafted ground poly, textures with crisp, bespoke texture sets (Runways, aprons, paths, roads)
- True-to-life airport land side recreation with custom ground decals, signposts, vegetation, parking barriers nd more
- Accurately modelled and positioned dynamic airport lighting
- Highly detailed models of all airport buildings, objects and surroundings
- Bespoke taxi signage as it is in the real world
- Up to date airport layout reflecting the current, real-world location
- Custom built jetways with realistic variations using PBR texturing and animations, including gate number toppers
- Fully animated JFK AirTrain between each terminals
- Accurate representation of the famous Canarsie approach
- Level of Detail (LOD) optimisation for every model to encourage the best performance possible
- Use of the latest MSFS SDK features to allow for the best optimisation and performance possible
- Custom static aircraft
- Full iniManager compatibility to configure your scenery for the best possible performance for your system