As promised, iBlueYonder’s Dallas Love Field (KDAL) is now available for Microsoft Flight Simulator via iniBuilds.
Dallas Love Field Airport (KDAL) is located just six miles northwest of downtown Dallas Texas. Love Field was Dallas’ main airport from 1917 when it first opened right up until 1974 when Fort Worth opened just 11 miles to the west.
The airport s famously known for being the birthplace of the largest Boeing 737 operator in the US, Southwest Airlines. Today, the airport sees around 15 million passengers taking 130,000 flights per year to destinations within the US such as Austin, Denver, Atlanta, Las Vegas, and New Orleans to name but a few. Southwest isn’t the only airline that uses Dallas Love Field, it is also visited by Alaska, Delta, and SkyWest Airlines too.
iBlueYonder has faithfully recreated the airport with the attention to detail we have come to expect with custom ground textures and an up-to-date airport layout, interior and exterior terminal modelling, and the Southwest Airlines Operations Center. Around the airport, it’s the small details that count, custom signage, fountains, and memorial sculptures add to the realism. Bill Womack has also extended his eye for detail to enhance the Dallas cityscape to include many notable downtown landmarks with custom night lighting and additional helipads too.
You can buy iBlueYonder’s Dallas Love Field for Microsoft Flight Simulator for £12.99 (excluding taxes).
- Dallas cityscape, including many notable downtown landmarks and helipads
- Accurate, current rendition of Dallas Love Field
- Ground textures and airport layout that are much more up-to-date than default
- Terminal interior modeling
- Hand-crafted and placed airport signage
- Custom night lighting
- Custom runway approach lighting
- Includes Southwest Airlines operations center, HQ, and maintenance facility
- Many immersive details, such as sculptures, fountain, and JFK memorial plaque