Challenge seekers and adventurers rejoice! Well-regarded scenery developer Globall Art has released its rendition of one of the world’s most challenging airports, Sao Paulo Congonhas Airport (SBSP), for X-Plane.
Initially serving as the private airport for then Brazilian national carrier VASP and having been built as a replacement to Sao Paulos then main airport, Campo de Marte, Sao Paulo Congonhas Airport (SBSP) officially opened its doors to the public on April 12th, 1936. The airport is located in the Vila Congonhas neighborhood of the Sao Paulo municipality and serves as one of the cities 4 main airports. The airport is the 2nd busiest airport across Brazil, right after its sister airport, Sao Paulo Guarulhos (SBGR). It is most famously known for its frequent traffic congestions and its relatively short runways, both of which make operations at the airport a true challenge.
On an interesting side note, the central hall of the airport’s main terminal building is considered being one of the most outstanding examples of Brazilian modern architecture, which has led to it being preserved throughout the airport’s ongoing multi-stage modernization work.
Well-regarded X-Plane scenery developer Globall Art has released its recreation of this crucial Brazilian passenger hub for X-Plane users to operate in and out of. Globall Art’s faithful recreation of Sao Paulo Congonhas Airport (SBSP) comes included with an extensive set of features, including accurate modeling, based on original construction references, fully customized pavement textures, HDR lighting, an accurate, airport-specific VDGS system, as well as a custom created, highly-detailed mesh for the airport and its surrounding area.
Globall Art’s rendition of Sao Paulo Congonhas Airport (SBSP) is now available for purchase via the simMarket online store and will cost you 19.86€ E.x VAT.
Pro tip: Make sure to have your brake fans ready once you have arrived at your gate.
- Accurate replica of Congonhas Airport, including updated 2021 layout.
- Precise modeling, based on original references, plans and other studies.
- Fully customized pavement, with ambient occlusion included in textures.
- Customized taxiway sign.
- Auto Gate by Marginal compatible custom jetways.
- Customized VGDS system, Congonhas.
- Presence of static objects, vehicles and aircraft.
- Avenues and streets with custom and standard vehicle traffic.
- HDR lighting with custom night textures.
- Custom textures with ambient occlusion.
- X-Plane standard animated traffic service.
- Custom Approach Light Systems (ALS).
- Compatible taxi routes configured for World Traffic (WT3) and other plugins.
- Terminal 1 with rendered interior.
- New Control Tower with rendered interior.
- Compatible with Mega São Paulo / Paulo Ricardo
- Very precise mesh of fully edited terrain in the Airport area.