Update 01-May-22 @ 10:55z. We have our winners!
Congratulations to Erik, Jona and user Aphelion. Enjoy your new Maddog!
Update 30-Apr-22 @ 09:30z. The giveaway is now closed and winners have been contacted. Thanks to everyone who took part.
Tomorrow, the Fly the Maddog for Microsoft Flight Simulator will be released. This is one of the first (of many) truly high fidelity aircraft to grace the skies in the new simulator since it was released in August 2020. The team at Leonardo Softhouse has brought their beloved MD-80 to the simulator and we’re giving you the chance to win one of three copies on launch day!
What Is the Fly the Maddog?
Leonardo Softhouse’s Fly the Maddog is a faithful recreation of the MD-80. The aircraft product has been developed to a high standard within the flight sim by including high definition modelling and texturing, in-depth system detail and plenty of other bonus features to keep you coming back for more.
The Fly the Maddog comes feature-complete with an on-board EFB, a detailed virtual cabin and a range of failures that can either be switched on manually or be triggered based on certain conditions. You also have to look after the plane well as mistakes could cost you by causing failures and other INOP conditions. This is truly a feature-rich and high-fidelity aircraft that will keep you entertained and learning for weeks and months to come.
As for when you can pick up the plane, it will be released via SIMMARKET for 75.00 as of tomorrow, April 30th 2022. BUT, you could find yourself with a free copy by entering our giveaway! Details are down below…
How to Enter
We have three ways for you to win. We’ll be picking one person from each of the ways to win and then contacting them for their details in order for us to give you your prize.
The first way in which you can enter is by leaving a comment down below telling us what your first flight with the Maddog would be. You will need an account with us in order to leave a comment. We hope that those of you reading will find inspirational flights to then do once it does release. We’ll then pick a random winner from those who comment.
The second way in which you can enter is by joining our bi-weekly newsletter. Our newsletter is sent directly to your inbox twice a week with the latest in-flight simulation news. You can sign up for our newsletter below. We’ll then select one winner from those subscribed by the closing date.
If you’re already part of our mailing list, then you don’t need to do anything.
The third way in which you can enter is by joining our Discord server. We’ll pick a random user from those who are a part of our channel to win. We’ll be sending you a DM in order to let you know how to claim your prize.
Terms and Info
Just a few terms and conditions to note:
- Up to over 16s only.
- The giveaway will close on April 30th @ 00:00z.
- Winners will be contacted either through a reply in the comment section, a direct email (which must be valid) or Discord DM.
- Winners must respond within 24-hours of the correspondence in order to claim the prize. Failure to do so may result in a missed opportunity.
- FSElite will update this post once winners are selected. This will happen at roughly 10:00z on Saturday, April 30th 2022.
- The prize is for one copy of Leonardo Softhouse Fly the Maddog for Microsoft Flight Simulator. There are no prize substitutions or cash alternatives.
- This is a free giveaway.
- Complaints can be directed to us via our contact form.
- This giveaway has been done in conjunction with Leonardo Softhouse. It is in no way affiliated with Microsoft Flight Simulator, Microsoft, Xbox or companies associated with Microsoft.
Featured Image by Tom J.