Scenery developer Gaya Simulations took to social media to share the exciting news that version 2 of their Vienna scenery for MSFS has finally dropped. This update is a massive overhaul and addresses many of the issues users had pointed out with the previous scenery.
Vienna International Airport (LOWW/VIE) is the primary international gateway for those traveling to the capital city of Austria. The airport serves as the main hub for Austrian Airlines and as a focus city for Ryanair and Wizz Air. In 2012, construction on the long-awaited Terminal 3 was finally completed, and it is now home to Austrian Airlines and its fellow Star Alliance members. Other future airport improvement projects include the refurbishment of Concourse D and the construction of a potential third runway.
Gaya Simulations’ Vienna v2 builds upon the first version with a plethora of scenery object improvements. Most notably, new custom Vienna Airport-specific ground vehicles and custom jetways have been added to enhance the realism of the scenery. In addition, the AFCAD has been reworked, ensuring that AI traffic park in the correct locations and behave better in v2. Finally, Gaya Simulations honed in on the little details by adjusting the placement of fences and taxi signs, added the solar farm that is south of runway 11/29, and fixed many of the airport’s taxi lights.
V2 of Gaya Simulations’ Vienna scenery is now available as a free update for existing customers in Orbx Central. For those interested in purchasing the scenery, Gaya Simulations is discounting the product by 30% until December 4. Lastly, for Xbox users, Gaya Simulations stated that the “Microsoft Marketplace and Xbox versions are to be released soon.”
- New true-to-life jetways models for all terminals with all new billboards and advertising
- New Gaya GSE: beautiful and fully custom Vienna-specific ground service equipment
- Overhauled object placement throughout the airport, improving visuals and accuracy
- Fixed AI traffic (FSLTL)
- Fixed AFCAD for AI traffic
- Fixed taxi lights, including the addition of orange and blue lights in the W area
- Static AI removed
- Fixed TIN/imagery bug from World Update 6
- Added solar farm south of Runway 11/29
- Added LODs to all objects
- Optimized normal map sizes for Xbox compatibility
- Fixed missing parking positions and improved spawn positions
- Fixed vegetation to fit new satellite imagery
- Fixed some terraforming issues
- Many quality of life fixes, such as fence placement, jetblast fences, taxi signs, etc.
- Supporting an on release community-made GSX profile