Kristiansand Kjevik Airport (ENCN) is a medium-sized international airport located on the Norwegian mainland’s southernmost tip and principally serves the municipality of Kristiansand and the surrounding Agder county in Norway. The airport initially opened its doors on June 1st, 1939, as only Norway’s second airport. Although conceived to serve commercial goals, the airport was swiftly repurposed for military use following the outbreak of WWII.
Following the end of hostilities, the airfield assumed its original role again and saw resuming commercial operations with the arrival of a KLM Douglas DC-3 on its route from Oslo via Kristiansand to Amsterdam Schipol. Today, the airport sees many passengers pass through its gates, though most of said traffic comes in the form of travellers flying domestically to Oslo Gardermoen aboard either SAS or Norwegian Airlines. Today, the only scheduled international connections served via Kristiansand Kjevik Airport are Amsterdam Schipol, London Southend, and Gdansk via KLM, Wideroe, or Wizz Air.
Following recent teasing, Gaya Simulations has now released its highly anticipated rendition of this iconic Norwegian airport for MSFS and P3D. According to the developer, both airport versions include numerous exciting features, including high-quality 3D models of airport buildings and structures, custom interior modeling for the airport tower and terminal building, ultra-high-definition ground textures, and up-to-date ground layout, as well as custom night lighting.
The airport is now available to purchase for both platforms via either the ORBX online store or ORBX Central. Both versions, as a result of their recent launch, are currently discounted 15%, with the Prepar3D version setting you back €19.17 and the MSFS version setting you back €13.27. These prices will, of course, depend upon your region of purchase.
- Accurate rendition of Kristiansand Airport with high quality models.
- Interior modelling for the terminal and tower.
- Custom ground service cars with the correct branding and types.
- Custom animations both on the airside and non-airside areas.
- Ultra high-definition and accurate ground layout and texturing.
- Custom made winter variant of the airport including ground texturing and building roofs to accurately replicate Norwegian winters.
- Extensive use of custom orthoimagery for all of Kristiansand City and for approach over the Topdalsfjorden Fjord.
- Custom night lighting including unique taxi and runway lights, plus custom approach lamps and lights.
- Airport optimised for best performance.
- Custom made static aircrafts that can be toggled on/off with control panel.