A few weeks ago, we shared the first news and previews of a brand new airport coming from Skyline Simulations. That airport is, of course, Gibraltar Airport. The country itself, located on the mainland of Spain and just to the North of Africa is very unique. With a hugely challenging approach, avoiding a giant rock, turbulent weather and a variety of airspace, Gibraltar is a simmer’s dream.
The team has continued development on the airport, which will release for X-Plane as well as P3D/FSX. Skyline Simulations has shared a range of new screenshots of the airport in development.
As we previously told you Skyline Simulations intend to simulate various parts of the airport which make it so unique. For example, when an aircraft is on approach or preparing for take off, pedestrian and vehicle traffic will stop crossing the runway as per real-world procedures. Further to that, the team intend to take advantage of new technology such as PBR, super high-resolution details, animated hangers and 3D vegetation. Furthermore, they are going to bring the city of Gibraltar to life with custom hotels, hundreds of 3D buildings and high-resolution orthoimagery for the entire area.
Full Feature List (So far)
- Super Detailed 3D modeling
- PBR Materials
- XPLCity with Hard surface
- Animated Hangar Doors
- Ground reflections and decals
- Custom 3D Grass and vegetations blends with orthophotos
- Ultra High-resolution custom orthoimagery for the airport and the city of Gibraltar
- Hundreds of 3D custom static objects
- Accurate Gibraltar area using original photos and OSM data!
- Custom Hotels, Buildings and the whole city of Gibraltar
- Night Textures
- FPS Friendly