Following the announcement from FSimStudios earlier this year, their first Premium product has been released for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The all-new Toronto Billy Bishop Airport (CYTZ) is the first of many in this new line-up of products that will see airports reproduced in “extreme accuracy” with great attention to detail.
Billy Bishop Airport is a regional airport within Toronto, Canada and is used for regional airline services into the city. It sees a range of flights that fly to domestic destinations, along with plenty of general aviation traffic and also medical flights. Due to the proximity to the city, the short runway is only able to handle smaller aircraft types.
Billy Bishop Airport has been faithfully recreated for the simulator based on the latest ground and airport layout. FSimStudios has crafted all of the buildings within the airport to be extremely accurate, whilst including very high detailed texture work throughout. Areas such as the Control Tower, Fire Station and the FBO have also been included with the product.
Other features included with this new ‘premium’ product are an animated ferry crossing the Western Channel, two helipads, modelling of the localizers and also 20 hand-made buildings in Downtown Toronto. Finally, FSimStudios has also included the Toronto City Water Aerodrome (CPZ9) as part of the product.
FSimStudio’s Premium Billy Bishop is available to buy on their own store for $15.00 USD. It is also available to buy on SIMMARKET and Contrail. It will also soon be made available through other stores such as Orbx and the in-sim Marketplace.
- First “FSimStudios Premium” Product – Extreme accuracy and details, optimized for great performance, continuous improvements.
- Extremely accurate representation of Toronto Billy Bishop Airport, as of 2022.
- Accurately modeled interiors on many buildings, including the Control Tower, Terminal, Fire Station, FBO, etc.
- Animated Ferry, crossing the Western Channel
- Two helipads included: CNW8 Toronto Hospital For Sick Children and CTM4 Toronto St. Michael’s Hospital
- CPZ9 Toronto City Water Aerodrome
- Accurate modeling of the misaligned localizers, steep glideslopes, and obstacles on approach.
- Over 20 hand-made buildings Downtown Toronto, including the CN Tower and Rogers Centre – and more to be added in future updates
- Static porter Q400s (can be deactivated through the configurator tool)
- COMING SOON: “Fictional Jet Concept” featuring the proposed runway extensions, coming up in a future update.
- IMPORTANT: ASOBO’s CYTZ must be deactivated for the product to work properly.