FSimStudios has released their Billy Bishop Toronto City for Prepar3D v4 and Prepar3D v5.
Billy Bishop Airport (CYTZ) is a regional airport within Toronto, Canada and is used for regional airline services into the city. It sees a range of flights that fly to domestic destinations, along with plenty of general aviation traffic and also medical flights. Due to the proximity to the city, the short runway is only able to handle smaller aircraft types.
This is one of FSimStudios’ Premium products, which means the airport comes with extreme accuracy and detail. The feature list says that this is an “extremely accurate” representation of the airport based on the latest charts and ground layout. There is interior modelling within the terminal building, numerous objects in the surrounding area and also 20 hand-made buildings in Downtown Toronto. SODE jetways and weather features are also included, along with winter effects. Finally, the team will be adding a “Fictional Jet Concept” in a future update that adds the proposed runway extensions.
- “FSimStudios Premium” Product – Extreme accuracy and details, optimized for great performance, continuous improvements.
- Extremely accurate representation of Toronto Billy Bishop Airport, as of 2022.
- Accurately modeled interiors on many buildings, including the Control Tower, Terminal, Fire Station, FBO, etc.
- Optional Detailed Terminal Interiors
- Animated Ferry, crossing the Western Channel
- Two helipads included: CNW8Toronto Hospital For Sick Children and CTM4 Toronto St. Michael’s Hospital
- Accurate modeling of the misaligned localizers, steep glideslopes, and obstacles on approach.
- Over 20 hand-made buildings Downtown Toronto, including the CN Tower and Rogers Centre – and more to be added in future updates
- Custom-generated Autogen covering Downtown Toronto, for an accurate representation of the skyline
- Static porter Q400s (can be deactivated through the configurator tool)
- SODE-controlled windsocks and weather features
- Winter Effects
- COMING SOON: “Fictional Jet Concept” featuring the proposed runway extensions, coming up in a future update.