FSDreamTeam has released Houston Intercontinental Airport (KIAH) for Microsoft Flight Simulator. Officially known as George Bush Intercontinental Airport, the Texas airport provides service to a multitude of domestic and international destinations.
The airport comes with a number of features from FSDreamTeam. They have included a highly detailed model of the terminal building, complete with interior modelling whilst focusing on ensuring performance is good for many simmers. Furthermore, there is fully dynamic lighting throughout, customised taxiway lighting and also use of MSFS Parallax shaders to improve the appearance of buildings without the cost on performance.
All parking positions have been included, which includes full GSX integration and support. All the parking spots have been coded and functional with FS Traffic and FSLTL. Airport walkers are also present to show the virtual passengers too the aircraft when at any of the 49 walk-in gates. 156 gates also have VGDS.
Our passion for authenticity and attention to detail brings to life one of North America’s most dynamic and important aviation hubs. As the second largest passenger hub for United Airlines, Houston Intercontinental Airport, officially known as George Bush Intercontinental Airport, provides service to a multitude of domestic and international destinations.FSDreamTeam Product Page
Houston is a key airport for many flight simmers this year as it will be serving as the host city for this year’s FlightSimExpo.
- Airport fully updated to its 2023 status.
- New Terminal C modeled from scratch, with full interiors. All gates on this Terminal use the GSX “Airport walkers” featrure, to show passengers walking inside the terminal interiors, in addition to the ones eventaully boarding/deboarding the airplane with GSX.
- Complete customized integration with GSX Pro, with the included profile featuring more than 1500 custom pushback routes, 49 Walk-in Gates, 156 VGDS.
- New door automation, with all doors at Terminals B and C automatically opening/closing during passenger Boarding/Deboarding in GSX, with the relevant information panel at the gate animated showing the GSX operation in progress.
- All parking positions have custom friendly names in the GSX menu, to bypass the limited naming convention possible with MSFS by default.
- Highly accurate airport definition file, with proper parking codes for AI, tested with both FSLTL and FS Traffic.
- Full Dynamic Lights, with hundreds of light sources spread around the whole airport.
- Bridges/underpass depicted using the latest high-rest Terraforming.
- Fully customized Taxiway lights, with dynamic lighting, including orange/green variations on taxiways that intersect runways.
- Most textures improved and upscaled usign AI, then manually converted to PBR.
- Extensive use of the MSFS Parallax shaders, to improve the appearance of all buildings that don’t have modeled interiors, with almost zero cost on performances.