After a series of open beta tests, the FS2Crew team has released their FSLabs Airbus Edition update, which brings it to version 1.1. The new update is fairly significant with new voice commands, new user configurations and much more.
Some of the previously mentioned new features include a re-recording of the German voice set from community member BlackBox, along with the experimental headset filter and additional callsigns. Some of the new callsigns include EASY, LAUDAMOTION, ROUGE and more. Other changes include the ability to now change your Windows language setting to ENGLISH UK, ENGLISH CA, ENGLISH AU or ENGLISH IN to be able to use voice control.
You can get the update directly from FS2Crew’s website free of charge. If you haven’t already purchased the FSLabs Airbus Edition from FS2Crew, you can do so by heading to their product page. It currently costs €39.95 for the standard edition and €49.95 for the Captain’s edition.
1. New trailer released.
2. Voice commands “YOU HAVE CONTROL” / “I HAVE CONTROL” now functional in CRUISE MODE.
Be careful though, because you will switch from PF to PM modes. So do not forget to pass or
take control back depending on which tutorial you are flying.
3. APU bleed in Parking Checklist: “OFF” now accepted as a possible response.
4. “PRESSURE ZERO” response for the brake check. 2 second pause added.
5. “BANK” deviation callout will no longer play on a Visual Approach.
6. “SINK RATE” deviation callout: Wiggle room added. Trigger is now 1200 feet instead of 1000.
7. Restore packs at Flaps 0 option fixed.
8. Start Taxi Flow manually Config Option fixed.
9. PM Takeoff fixed: PF will correctly set the thrust levers to the CLB detent if doing a Flex takeoff.
10. 10K descent and climb flow: Crew will set EFIS Range correctly.
11. If “USER STARTS APU (PREFLIGHT)” config option set to YES, power-up delay for the FWC test
increased to 80 seconds prior the fire test.
12. “START THE APU PLEASE” command will now work on taxi in even if APU master is ON.
13. Removed possibility of FMGS check playing twice in climb flow.
14. Passing Altitude X Config Option fixed for the descent phase. Passing Altitude should no longer
play if selected.
NEW FEATURES & MISC CHANGES:
1. Speech Recognizer Language setting in Windows Control Panel ‘Advanced Speech Properties’ may now be set to ENGLISH UK, ENGLISH CA, ENGLISH AU or ENGLISH IN (INDIA). Previously all users had to set their speech recognizer to ENGLISH – US, even if they were in the UK. Example showing ENGLISH – UK. This setting may now be accepted!
2. New experimental Voice Set option ->CREW REGION: DE (HEADSET FILTER). The entire PM and PF voice set was run through a headset filter.
3. “BlackBox’s” German PM voice set has been re-recorded. He sounds smoother and less robotic now.
4. PM will now turn on Wing Lights prior to walkaround at night.
5. BEFORE PUSHBACK OR START flow will now self-trigger at time remaining zero if you do not call ATC to request start clearance.
6. Flying as the “PILOT MONITORING” has been greatly improved, especially in the takeoff and climb phase. IMPORTANT: Thrust Reduction and Acceleration altitudes must be entered as
shown on the MCDU as Above Sea Level Values, not AGL. Just transfer the numbers directly over to FS2Crew’s Departure Page.
7. PM will now properly set TOGA if flying as the PF and TOGA selected on the Departure Brief Page.
8. You may now retake control if flying the Pilot Monitoring tutorial by saying “I HAVE CONTROL” in any other mode than CRUISE MODE. You will then revert to being the PILOT FLYING (PF).
9. The PM will now wait 60 seconds after GPU power established prior to continuing his flow so the FWC has time to properly power up.
10. Audio Test will now play through speakers and headset.
11. PM will now properly set CSTR on his EFIS panel during the cockpit setup phase.
12. PM’s ND range will be set 160 NM during the 10,000 foot flow in climb and 20 NM during the descent.
NEW USER CONFIG OPTIONS:
1. Option not to run the Alternate Brake test in the PRELIMINARY COCKPIT PREPARATION flow.
2. Option to skip the 10,000 foot climb and descent flow altogether.
3. Option to not have PM turn weather radar on during his TAXI flow.
4. Option to have PM restore Pack 2 after a Packs Off takeoff when the Flaps are retracted rather than 10 seconds after Pack 1 is restored.
5. Option to play an ambient passenger boarding sound during the Pre-Flight events.
6. Option not to have the PM perform his TAXI FLOW immediately after performing his Flight Controls check (VOICE CONTROL ONLY). In this case, you’d need to make ask the PM to start his TAXI FLOW manually by speaking: “TAXI PROCEDURE PLEASE”.
7. Option to have TCAS set to ALL in the Cruise Phrase, and then back to BELOW at 10,000 feet in the descent.
8. Option not to auto-save V1, VR and V2.
9. Option for “Silent” AFTER LANDING CHECKLIST.
10. Option for ASDEX (good for on-line ATC users).
11. Option so user controls cockpit lighting.
12. Option for user to control the BRAKE FAN manually during the PARKING FLOW.
NEW VOICE COMMANDS:
1. “START THE APU PLEASE”
2. “AFTER START PROCEDURE” (Triggers PM to start his AFTER START flow).
3. “TAXI PROCEDURE PLEASE” (Triggers PM to start his TAXI flow.)
4. “BIRD ON” (Typically the Bird would be selected on a Selected-Selected Non-Precision Approach after being cleared for the approach).
5. “CABIN SECURE” (Crew Resource Management – Airline Specific).
6. “CLEARED FOR TAKEOFF” (Crew Resource Management).
7. “CLEARED TO LAND” (Crew Resource Management).
8. “CLEARED FOR THE APPROACH” (Crew Resource Management).
9. For the PARKING BRAKE challenge in the BEFORE START CHECKLIST, you may now also say “SET / RELEASED” instead of just “ON / OFF”.
10. For the FMGS challenges in the climb flow, you may now speak “YES” in addition to “AFFIRM”, etc.
11. New overhead commands:
“SET SEAT BELTS ON / OFF”
“SET ENGINE ANTI ICE ON / OFF”
“SET WING ANTI ICE ON /OFF”
NEW ATC CALLSIGNS:
6. WAGON AIR
11. NONE (AVAILABLE AT END OF LIST IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO PLAY A CALLSIGN).
1. Runway Confirmations if using RAAS and the runway started with a 0.
2. CTD on exiting P3D.
3. Wiper off command.
4. Runway turn off light voice command logic improved.
5. If APU taxi option set to NO, PM will no longer turn on the APU bleed if the APU Master is not On.
6. If HARD or SOFT MUTE enabled, FA will not respond to voice commands.
7. PM will no longer call “LOC” deviations on a Non-Precision NDB approach.
8. If flying the PM tutorial, the PF will no longer repeat the altimeter setting twice when passing the Transition Level.
9. If flying as the PM, the PF will now apply nose down elevator during the takeoff roll until 100 knots.
10. Some config options auto changed unintentionally when you ran the Pre-Flight Events. This is now fixed.
11. “CRUISING FLIGHT LEVEL XXX” RVSM callout and actions fixed.