Scenery developer France VFR known for their Airports FRANCE and VFR Airports range has brought us Caen Carpiquet Airport (LFRK) for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Caen Carpiquet Airport is a small regional airport located just under 4 miles west of Caen in the region of Normandy, France. The airport opened in 1938 as a French airbase until it was captured by the Luftwaffe in 1940 subsequently being used as a rear airbase during the Battle of Britain. Following the Second World War, the airport was rebuilt and opened for civilian use in 1967. Today, Caen Carpiquet offers domestic flights with Air France and Volotea within mainland France and the French island of Corsica. The airport saw 227,168 passengers through its doors in 2021.
France VFR’s rendition of Caen Carpiquet includes high-resolution ground textures and aerial images, photo-realistic 3D terminal and surrounding buildings, custom vegetation in and around the airport, realistic night lighting and more.
You can purchase Caen Carpiquet Airport from SimMarket for €8.25 (Excluding VAT) here.
- High-resolution ground textures reworked aerial images from IGN.
- Detailed ground markings.
- Photo-realistic 3D buildings specific.
- Vegetation reworked on the platform and its surroundings.
- Realistic night lighting was reworked.
- Runway profiles (slopes) reworked.
- Compatible with our VFR FRANCE product range.
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed in the same area.
- Development process 100% SDK (System Development Kit) specifications compliant, ensuring maximum compatibility with new releases.
- SIA – VAC – IAC – APT – ARRDEP charts are provided.