Adding to the mix, France VFR has recently released its rendition of Basel Mulhouse Airport (LFSB) for MSFS, adding to the already existing offerings by FSDreamteam and JustSim.
Basel Mulhouse Airport (LFSB) is an international airport located near the border tripoint between France, Germany, and Switzerland and serves as the primary port of entry to the region. The airport serves the cities of Basel (Switzerland), Mulhouse (France), and Freiburg (Germany) and saw 3.6 million passengers passed through its gates in 2021.
Historically, the project of a joint Swiss-French airport originated in the 1930s, but those plans got postponed due to the outbreak of WWII. It was only in 1946 that talks resumed, and a decision was reached to build a joint international airport on the French side of the border, with France providing the land and the Swiss covering construction costs.
Today, in addition to serving as a hub for easyJet and seeing flights from numerous other passenger carriers take off and land on one of its two runways, the airport also handles freight, with Korean Air Cargo serving Seoul, Qatar Airways Cargo serving Doha and Air Canada Cargo set to commence scheduled operations to Toronto this April.
Renowned French scenery developer France VFR has released its stand-alone rendition of this important European airport for MSFS. In addition to featuring a highly-detailed virtual recreation of the airport, France VFR’s version includes high-resolution ground textures and apron markings, reworked vegetation, realistic night lighting, and accurately sloped runways, to name but a few of the product’s core features.
France VFR’s stand-alone rendition of Basel Mulhouse Airport (LFSB) for MSFS is available via the developer’s simMarket store page and will set you back €8.25 Ex. VAT.
- High resolution ground textures reworked based-on aerial images from IGN
- Detailed ground markings
- Photo-realistic 3D buildings
- Vegetation reworked on the platform and its surroundings
- Realistic night lighting reworked
- Runways profiles (slopes) reworked
- Compatible with our VFR FRANCE product range
- Geo-referenced data for maximum compatibility with future add-ons installed on the same area
- Development process 100% SDK (System Development Kit) specifications compliant, ensuring maximum compatibility with new releases
- SIA – VAC – IAC – APT – ARRDEP charts provided