Renowned scenery developer FlyTampa has updated their Athens scenery in Microsoft Flight Simulator to version 1.6, bringing a whole host of updates to the sim.
The teams latest update includes new hangars at the Greek capital’s airport, including those of national airline’s Olympic and Aegean, improved traffic parking and jetway operations and enhanced 3D terrain shading on highway terrain and aircraft bridges.
In their Facebook post announcing the latest update, the team answered questions from the community who were enquiring about the status of their other sceneries and updates to come. Regarding the team’s highly anticipated Amsterdam Schipol scenery, the team responded ‘Shiphol [sic] is a different team so the Athens update won’t slow it down.’
- New Olympic/Aegean Hangar with detailed interior and new logos.
- Improved traffic parking and jetway operation
- Added Service vehicle routes
- Performance Improvements and further LOD work.
- Video Card Memory usage reduced
- Improved Lighting
- Improved 3D terrain shading on highway terrain and aircraft bridges
- Reworked Terraforming on 3D drains
- Updated latest Library objects with some new models
- All recompiled with latest SDK