Developer FlyLogic has released Airport Locarno for Microsoft Flight Simulator – a recreation of the airport of the same name.
Locarno Airport (LSMO) sits 6KM from the city in Switzerland and is used by civil and military aviation at the same time. The single paved runway measures in at 2,626ft, whilst the two grass runways are just a tad shorter at 2,500ft. The airport also caters to a number of helicopter operators as well, making it a great airport for a range of flying styles in the sim.
Features include lifelike lighting effects, animated radar and clock (with correct time), static aircraft, and detailed texturing and modelling. There is also collision detection at the buildings, optimisations for good performance and also animated people.
- Realistic and very detailed depiction of the airport
- Lifelike lighting effects
- Animated clock on large hangar shows FS time correctly
- Animated quad radar system
- Static airplanes and vehicles
- Animated people and windsocks
- Precise collision detection at the buildings
- Optimized execution speed through the use of LOD’s (3D objects and textures)
- Compatible with Microsoft Flight Simulator from World Update 6
- German manual – Manuel en français – English manual