Following suit on making their products compatible with the newly released Xbox rendition of MSFS, aircraft developer FlyingIron Simulations has announced the release of an update for their Spitfire Mk IX addon, bringing it up to version 1.0.3.
Initially released by the developer back in March of this year, the Spitfire Mk IX has been an overall well-received addition to the new Microsoft Flight Simulator platform. With the release of the new Xbox version of the sim, it comes as no surprise that FlyingIron Simulations has taken this opportunity to push out their latest update to the product, making it compatible with the new platform and improving upon what has already been achieved.
In addition to making the addon Xbox compatible, the developer has also added some other goodies and improvements for users to enjoy. Among said additions are the inclusion of some new FX effects, including engine smoke, contrails & tire particles, and the optional integration of the Garmin 430 GPS system. Also new to the addon are integrated engine block vibrations, an advanced and improved oxygen system, and an improved prop animation.
The update is now available for users to download via your FlyingIron Simulations online store account.
For more details regarding the product and the recently released update, please head over to FlyingIron Simulations’ official online store page.
Official Change Log
- Implementation of a new UI & interaction system
- Integration of Garmin 430 GPS in the cockpit
- Addition of basic Visual FX
- Integrated engine block vibrations
- Numerous flight model & ground handling refinements & improvements
- Refined & improved oxygen system realism
- Engine damage now optional
- Improved prop animation
- Fixed lighting knob controls
- Fixed temperature gauge dropouts & bugs
- Numerous bugfixes & miscellaneous improvements to art & systems