FlyingIron Simulations has released the next in their lineup of warbirds: the F6F-5 Hellcat. The Hellcat is a plane developed by Grumman and was introduced in 1943. The Hellcat was a popular carrier-based fighter aircraft that was able to outperform the Japanese Zeroes and was the US Navy’s dominant fighter in the second half of the Pacific War. The plane is easily recognisable by the powerful roar of the Pratt & Whitney R-2800-10W Double Wasp Radial Engine, or by its folding wing mechanism when parked on the deck of aircraft carriers.
FlyingIron Simulations rendition of the Hellcat promises to be an authentic one, with highly detailed modelling and textures. The team has included a high quality Wwise 3D sound package that has been captured using audio recordings of a real F6F-5 Hellcat engine. Also included are custom systems and flight modelling, such as thermodynamics, ground handling, engine damage, water injection and more. Last but not least, after popular request, this will be the first of their aircraft to feature a collimated gunsight.
FlyingIron’s Hellcat is available for $45 AUD from their website. It will also be available on the MSFS Marketplace in a few weeks time.
- Gorgeous 3D Artwork, lovingly crafted over 6+ months to capture every fine detail of the real airframe
- Professional Wwise 3D Sound Design, using professionally captured audio recordings from a real F6F Hellcat & R-2800 Double Wasp Engine
- Ultra-realistic Flight Model, extensively tested & validated by real-world pilots with Warbird flying experience.
- Deep & realistic modelling of all aircraft engine & cockpit systems – pilots must fly as per real-world techniques & procedures to get the most out of the sim
- Extensive integration of custom modelling that overrides default MSFS behaviour – Thermodynamics (heat & cooling modelling), ground handling, engine damage, water injection and much more
- Full integration of the FlyingIron UI Tablet, featuring saveable user customisation options, settings, basic maintenance and live aircraft reports
- Detailed engine damage modelling (optional)
- Collimated Gunsight can be swapped for integrated GNS530 GPS
- Comprehensive user manual, complete with a large amount of reference tables, charts & procedures