Writer, Flying Low, has released a 347-page handbook to help support those buying X-Plane 12. The handbook goes through how to set up X-Plane 12, optimise the hardware and enable VR.
There are various sections throughout the guide that will help you get to grips with the simulator, get the most out of performance and much more.
The ebook is split into two parts; part 1 focuses on the basics whilst part 2 will look at third-party add-ons and tools.
- The E-Book is 347 pages (175 double spreads) in length
- High-Quality Digital PDF format optimized for reading on a PC with a bookmark/index
- Images and sufficiently high quality that they can be zoomed up.
- Dynamic Index and Table of Contents
- How to Set up X-Plane 12 the right way
- How to choose the Hardware you need
- The proper hardware for X-Plane 12
- How to Optimize that Hardware
- How to Optimize Windows 11 for X-Plane 12
- Windows Performance guide
- Nvidia Driver setup for X-Plane 12
- How to set up your peripherals
- How to set up and configure the Meta (Oculus) Quest 2 Virtual Reality Headset
- How to Make it Fly Better
- How to Make it Look Better
- How to Set up multiple monitors
- How to Make X-plane Work with Multiple Computers
- How to Set up a small, efficient stable network
- A unique illustrated flight description for use as a real-world Benchmark.
- Understand the X-Plane terminology
- Large HOW-TO section to quickly give you answers to the most often asked questions
- Illustrated glossary of terms and acronyms