After an extensive development period, Flightbeam has released its long-awaited Wellington Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Wellington Airport (NZWN) in New Zealand is one of the country’s biggest airports and comes is situated in a stunning, picturesque setting surrounded by hills and water. Due to its location, it can easily be a challenge for many pilots, especially when there is active weather in the area. Wellington serves the flag carrier, Air New Zealand, and takes passengers to domestic and international destinations.
This is Flightbeam’s most detailed airport created so far, with a huge amount of detail covering the airport area and beyond. Included is a set of extremely high-resolution textures, multi-layered and hand-painted ground textures, and also dynamic jetways using new Flightbeam Gen-5 technology. The modelling for the airport has been designed to be as authentic as possible and also includes detailed interior modelling for key areas of the airport. This is particularly the case within the main terminal building.
In addition, Flightbeam has crafted various areas around the airport for maximum realism. This includes the buildings and natural areas around the runways, the graffitied walls around the airport parameter, and also various static cars and aircraft parked in realistic locations. A custom water mask is also included alongside satellite imagery that has been hand-corrected to blend in with the nearby surroundings in the default simulator.
You can view a selection of exclusive images in our preview post. Be sure to also check out the official trailer showcasing this airport in its glory.
- Latest real-world (2022) taxiway layouts and newest construction included
- Extensive, highly detailed and realistic 4096×4096 textures
- Detailed Flightbeam Gen-5 dynamic jetways with latest advertisements
- Multi-layered, realistic hand-painted ground textures with PBR and custom decals
- Includes immediate surrounding details and POIs of the airport
- Includes custom static aircraft found at the real world airport
- Key interior areas modeled in the terminal
- All new animated inset and elevated runway guard lights
- Custom, truly directional taxiway lights
- Dense amount of custom tarmac objects, modeled after actual objects from airport
- Extensive custom terraformed elevation, properly depicting runway slope and unique NZWN terrain aspects
- Custom water mask and detailed sat imagery, hand corrected and painted.
- Numerous custom photogrammetry models, including shoreline rocks and Moa Point end rocks.