At long last, Flightbeam’s hotly-anticipated Auckland International Airport has been released for Prepar3D v4 and v5. Auckland International Airport (NZAA) is located on the North Island of New Zealand and serves as the main hub for the country. Pre-pandemic, the airport saw over 20 million passengers per year with Air New Zealand being the primary carrier for the airport. Destinations served by airlines at the airport include many domestic locations, as well as longer journeys such as Canada, the US, Singapore and many more. The airport features two primary runways and is able to handle aircraft up to the size of the A380.
The airport comes equipped with all the latest technology from the team at Flightbeam, with specific attention paid to performance. Each of the accurate models is textured with 4k realistic texturing, with accurate wear and tear, weathering and other environmental effects adding a level of realism. Flightbeam has gone one step further and implemented interior modelling for many of the airport’s key areas such as the main terminal and also the domestic buildings.
There is also plenty of custom static GA and airliner aircraft placed throughout the airport. The team has included numerous buildings, points of interest and colour-corrected textures for the outer areas beyond the airport itself. For example, Manukau Harbour has custom water-masking to blend in seamless with the nearby scenery. Finally, custom autogen has been included, along with detailed photo-scenery for the most immersive experience possible.
For those who will want to fly to the airport in Microsoft Flight Simulator, you will only have to wait a few more weeks. Flightbeam has confirmed that Auckland Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator will release in August 2021.
Little fact, it’s been 4 Years and 317 days since the first announcement on 29th August 2016. Thanks to David for that insight!
- Features the newly updated Flightbeam Manager system
- Configuration Manager allows you to quickly customize NZAA to your liking
- Extensive, highly detailed and realistic 4096×4096 textures
- Utilizes SODE for advanced jetway interaction with aircraft
- All new Gen-5 Flightbeam Jetways, packed with astounding detail
- Utilizes SODE VDGS for precise parking with dynamic displays (optional, requires SODE VDGS)
- Includes expansive surroundings of the airport
- Custom water-masking for the entire Manukau Harbour
- Includes custom static GA and NZ Airlines at apron parking
- Dynamic lights
- Leverages P3D’s material scripting engine for dynamic runway lights during low-visibility
- Key interior areas modeled, including the main terminal and domestic terminal