We revealed the first ever renders back at FlightSimCon 2016 and we’re now pleased to be able to inform the community that Flightbeam Studios, along with partners iBlueYonder, has released their highly anticipated KPDX Portland International Airport for Prepar3D V4.
The scenery has been designed by iBlueYonder founder Bill Womack, along with artistic and technical assistance by Amir Salehi and other members of the Flightbeam Studios crew. The partnership has resulted in a highly detailed rendition of Portland Airport. Features include that key textures have been rendered in 4096x4096px resolution, a huge photo-real area representation the industrial district of North Portland along with custom static GA and military aircraft.
Furthermore, as this is a Prepar3D V4 only airport, the team have taken full advantage of P3D’s material scripting engine for seasonal vegetation, dynamic water puddles and light animations throughout.
- Features the all-new Flightbeam Manager system (no Addon Manager/Couatl required)
- Configuration Manager allows you to quickly customize KPDX to your liking
- Utilizes SODE for advanced jetway interaction with aircraft
- Includes large photo-real area representing the industrial district of North Portland with OSM-based autogen
- Key textures are rendered in 4096×4096 high resolution
- Includes custom static GA and military aircraft
- P3Dv4 dynamic night lighting included
- Leverages P3D’s material scripting engine for seasonal vegetation, dynamic water puddles and light animations
- Includes detailed rendition of Cascade Station shopping area east of the airport