Flight1 has released the GTN Complete Edition, which includes both the GTN 750 and 650. The new edition is fully compatible with the new 64-bit platform Prepar3D V4.
This release is important for a few reasons. First, Flight1 have now bundled all GTN products under one roof. This means if you only owned the GTN 750 for FSX, you’ll be able to upgrade to both types and for all sims.
When it comes to upgrading, the path you take will depend very much on when you purchased the product.
If you purchased *any* of the GTN models (regardless of sim) on or after May 30th 2017, then you’ll be entitled to a free upgrade. Head to the product page and scroll down near to the bottom for the full details.
If you purchased *any* of the GTN models (regardless of sim) before May 30th 2017, then you will have to pay $19.95 to upgrade. The upgrade price will allow you to then own BOTH models for ALL sims. So if you only owned the GTN 650 FSX version and then you upgrade, you will then own the GTN 650 (FSX / P3D) and the 750 (FSX / P3D).
Finally, if you already own *all* models, then you’re entitled to a free update. You’ll have to get in touch with Flight1 via their ticket system for further details.
Going forward, Flight1 have designed a tool which will allow you to update the product really easily. When a new version of the simulator comes out, you’ll be able to download the needed updates quickly. Whether the upgrade fee will see you though to P3D V5 (if it happens!), is yet to be seen. But thankfully there’s no need to worry about that right now!
Alternatively, if you don’t own the product, you can buy it now from Flight1 for $64.95.
If you don’t know already, here’s the full feature list for the GTN series.
- Includes the GTN 750 and GTN 650
- High-Resolution Moving Map Display with full data integration
- Simulated touch and drag interface – allows you to interact with the system, graphically edit flight plans, and much more using the mouse cursor or touchscreen monitor
- Smooth Framerate Performance
- SafeTaxiTM – Allows you to view detailed airport information on the moving map (US Only)
- FliteChartsTM – Allows you to view the electronic versions of AeroNav terminal procedures charts (US Coverage Only / GTN 750 Only)
- High resolution terrain maps and TAWS-B audible alerts for North and Central America
- TCAS / TAWS Systems w/Alerts
- Full WAAS Approach Support
- AD-S B traffic with directional target information
- Airways Display On Map
- Worldwide Database of Roads, Rivers, Cities, Oceans, Lakes, etc.
- Worldwide Obstacle Database and Obstacle Alerts
- Easy-to-use GTN Series Gauge Configuration Utility
- Quick Access GTN Stack Gauge Controller
- Full COM/NAV Receiver Integration
- Fuel Type Selection: Jet-A; Jet-B; AVGAS
- Fuel Units Metric or Imperial
- Search and Rescue Patterns
- User-Created Custom Checklists
- Custom User Defined Holds
- Custom Flight Plan / Waypoint Loading
- Pixel by Pixel Accuracy To Real World Avionics
- Over 95% of the features are included when comparing to real-world counterpart (XM Radio and Weather not included)
- Plus Much More