Flight Sim Labs has updated the A32X series of aircraft just in time for the holiday to include support for FMGC Offset via the MCDU. In addition, the new update adds compatibility for Prepar3D v5.3 Hotfix 1 that was released earlier this week.
This new page gives virtual pilots the ability to enter offsets in their route from the FROM WAYPOINT, along with deleting and adding waypoints along the Offset itself. Lefteris on the Flight Sim Labs forums said that the Offset page is fully functional and there are a number of options available that mimic what can be done onboard the real aircraft.
Whilst the update is now available to everyone, it can only be obtained through the new FSL Control Center only. Furthermore, in order to get the update, you must download it through the Experimental channel. This can be done easily within the application itself. To do so, click on the ‘settings’ tab, and then in the ‘Channel Selection menu, change it from public to ‘Experimental’. You will then be able to download the applicable updates to your A32X series of aircraft.
Lefteris said, “pushing them to the Experimental channel is a great way to test them in a broader fashion while maintaining stability through the Public channel. Once we are confident the latest version doesn’t cause any issues for people, we’ll move it to [the] Public channel, as we did with the previous P3D update release.”
You can read the full forum post right now as you update your aircraft. Hopefully 2022 is the year we see a little more from Concorde from Flight Sim Labs.
Changelog for FMGC Offset
- Able to enter offsets from the FROM WAYPOINT
- Offset page fully functional, able to enter and delete offset entries
- Functionality of “OFST DELETED IN TMPY” is available to indicate if entering an Offset and unable to reach the offset before the TO WAYPOINT.
- Deleting or adding waypoints along the Offset, the Offset will be modified accordingly.
- Entering a PPOS HOLD or DIRECT TO will erase any existing Offset