After releasing Boston Airport a couple of weeks ago, FeelThere has dropped another American airport scenery for MSFS. This time, the developer takes us to the state of Texas and one of the most up-and-coming cities in the United States, Austin.
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (KAUS/AUS) is the gateway to the capital of Texas and is only about 5 miles from downtown Austin. The airport sits on the site of the former Bergstrom Air Force Base, which was decommissioned in the early 1990s. As a result, the city decided to convert the airfield into Austin’s main passenger airport. Allegiant Airlines officially markets the airport as a focus city. However, in recent years, American Airlines and Southwest Airlines have dramatically increased their operations at AUS. The airport even has international widebody service from British Airways, KLM, Lufthansa, and Virgin Atlantic.
While FeelThere’s rendition of Austin goes less in-depth than DominicDesignTeam’s Austin scenery, it provides flight simmers with a slightly more affordable Austin scenery without compromising on the core features. FeelThere’s scenery features PBR texturing on all buildings, realistic decals and taxi lines, custom animated jetways, airport objects and clutter scattered throughout the facility, and more. An updated AFCAD is also provided to ensure A.I. traffic parks at the correct parking spots.
You can get a copy of FeelThere’s Austin Airport scenery directly from their website for $14.99. However, at the time of writing, the scenery is currently on sale for $13.49.
- Over 50 highly detailed buildings with PBR texturing
- Complete modeled ground polygon, including realistic decals, direct, taxi lines, and surfaces
- Custom animated jetways
- Airline parking codes and modified airport services
- Updated AFCAD, parking spots, taxiway names, and taxi signs
- Improved taxiway and runway lighting
- Multiple objects and clutter placed over the airport using the SDK
- Improved night lighting and apron lamps