Long-time developer Imaginesim is back with a brand-new version of Singapore’s Changi Airport (WSSS)for Preapr3D v5.
In this preview post, we were able to snap up some exclusive screenshots and get the first information on the all-new version of the airport product.
Imaginesim went back to the drawing board for this release, creating brand new assets for the whole airport. With the airport itself going through significant changes, Imaginesim has brought those changes to the simulator version. The new 02R/20L runway has been built, along with the additional 40km of new taxiway. Buildings have been added, signing is reflective of the real-world airport and the mid-field area now depicts the now defunct runway.
Imaginesim are keen to let simmers know that despite the huge size of Singapore’s Changi Airport, performance is fluid, even when using more advanced airliner aircraft. The HD 2K building textures are optimised, whilst the use of native SDK tools mean the scenery blends in seamlessly with the simulator’s aesthetic.
As with other projects from Imaginesim, you can control various aspects of the airport via their Operations Center. You can toggle on/off various elements such as dynamic lighting, PBR effects, ground clutter and also the texture resolution used. All of this is designed to help you get the best looking version of the product in your simulator, whilst keeping a close eye on performance.
Alongside the airport, Imaginesim has also included the city center of Singapore as well. This free addition is an option to toggle on or off, but it adds the unique cityscape of Singapore to Prepar3D. This is particularly visually appealing as you take off from the airport, considering just how close the centre is to the airport. In total, Singapore 2023 covers 52 square KM of the airport area.
Below, we can see some of the dynamic lighting that will be included with the product. There lighting also lights up objects such as the transport busses that are dotted around the airport.
Expect Singapore 2023 from Imaginesim to launch very soon. We can also confirm that a new version if also coming to Microsoft Flight Simulator later this year.
- Features the latest Runway 02R/20L and 40km of new taxiways.
- Fantastic performance using 64bit code optimized for Prepar3Dv5.
- High definition 2k building texturing and native Prepar3Dv5 ground polygons.
- Fluid usage, even with complex airliner cockpits and high density AI coverage.
- Switchable dynamic lighting option.
- The vast mid-field Terminal 5 construction area is modelled.
- Utilizes imaginesim’s bespoke Operations Center configuration GUI.
- Comprehensive ground and building optimization.
- Interactive SODE jetways.
- Instantaneous scenery cache loading.
- Animated vehicle and airport staff, powered by the SWS Live Scenery module.
- Trees, plants and vegetation modelled with types native to Singapore.
- No generic library textures used.
- Switchable high 2k or medium 1k texture set.
- 52 square kilometer coverage of the WSSS area.
- Low simulator impact.
- Graduated ground extremities to seamlessly blend with any vector driven add-on.
- Optional Singapore city centre model included for free.