Digital Designs has surprised everyone this morning by releasing a new version of their famed Salzburg for Prepar3D v4 and v5. The new update builds on the original version adding new technology, improved texturing and also a more accurate rendition of the real world airport. Salzburg Airport (LOWS) sees plenty of seasonal flights from various European airlines in particular for ski season during the winter months.
The new update incorporates a range of modern technology to bring the airport to today’s standards, including increased texture resolution throughout and improvements to almost all objects to include PBR materials and better detailing. In addition, there is now a range of new static models throughout the airport and also a new interior to Terminal 3 and the air traffic control tower. Furthermore, Digital Design has redesigned the airport to match the state of the current airport layout and its latest changes. Finally, Digital Designs has improved the city center with new landmarks seen previously in the Microsoft Flight Simulator version.
The new version can be purchased for €20.50 from simMarket, but if you previously owned the original version, you can upgrade for €7.50 (excluding VAT). Salzburg v2 will also be made available soon through OrbxDirect.
Differences for v2
- The actual state of the airport with the latest changes.
- Improved almost all objects, using PBR materials and textures
- Increased textures resolution.
- New ground with support for PBR and current state.
- New models of static vehicle.
- Improved historical city center with the addition of new landmarks.
- Added interior to Terminal 2 Amadeus and tower.
- New AFCAD.
- GSX config
- Minor fixes