Developer DC Designs will soon release the F-15 C, E and I Eagle for both Prepar3D and FSX. In the mean time, the developer has shared a range of previews including a new trailer showcasing the fighter jet off in style.
The aircraft will feature 3D virtual cockpits with accurately modelled details and texturing, along with working 3D instruments and a working rear-view mirror (in Prepar3D only). Alongside that, the aircraft features custom-coded radar for live intercepts, a moving map and also a heads-up display with an authentic layout.
The new previews seem to indicate that the release is close. You can find out more on the product page.
- Truly 3D virtual cockpits featuring accurately modelled ejector seats, controls and detailed texturing, each matching the respective variants
- Instruments constructed in 3D with smooth animations
- Working rear-view mirrors (P3D only)
- ‘Scratched canopy’ glass effect
- Optional pilot figures in virtual cockpit
- Front and rear cockpit positions included
- 3D modelled dials, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments designed to emulate the appearance of the real F-15 Eagles
- Custom-coded radar for live intercepts of both air and ground targets
- Custom ‘moving map’ displays in F-15E WSO position
- Multi-function MFDs with visual layouts based on the real aircraft systems
- Collimated Head-Up Display with authentic layout based on the real F-15 Eagle
- Custom-coded, user-controlled ordnance via virtual cockpit controls, allowing for live mounting of weapons on hard points, visible both on external model and virtual cockpit
A full operations manual is included.
- 493rd FS based at RAF Lakenheath
- 173rd Fighter Wing, Oregon Air National Guard
- 144th Fighter Wing, California Air National Guard
- 1st Tactical Fighter Wing, Langley AFB, Virginia
- 336th Fighter Squadron, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina
- 391st Fighter Squadron, ‘Bold Tigers’, Mountain Home AFB
- 391st Fighter Squadron, ‘Tiger Meet’ 2005
- 494th Fighter Squadron, ‘Panthers’, RAF Lakenheath
- N 69 Squadron ‘Patishim’ (Hammers)