After months of teasing, DC Designs has released Concorde for FSX and Prepar3D. The supersonic passenger jet is an aviation icon and has been released to giver simmers a chance to fly the fast jet in flight simulator. The aircraft is mostly known for its record-breaking speeds across the Atlantic Ocean carrying passengers in style from London to New York. With a typical cruise speed of Mach 2.0, the aircraft could typically complete the transatlantic route in just over 3 hours and passengers would enjoy views of up to 56,000ft. A truly revolutionary aircraft that sadly now remains in the hangar.
The aircraft from DC Designs includes an extensive 3D model with full animations throughout. The famous multi-stage ‘nose droop’ has been included and users will get to enjoy a fully PBR textured aircraft (in Prepar3D v4 and v5) whilst admiring the aircraft from the outside. As for the cockpit, DC Designs has included 3D dials, configurable cockpit crew and a fully modelled passenger cabin.
The Captain, First Officer and Engineer’s station are all operational with accurate flight modelling, a working TCAS and also custom-coded engineer’s station. The aircraft has been described as feature-rich, but not “study level”. That said, there is still plenty of systems that will need constant attention to be able to reach those supercruise capabilities.
You can buy DC Designs’ Concorde for FSX/P3D right now from the Just Flight store for £27.99.
It’s worth noting that a Microsoft Flight Simulator version is in the works and is due for release in December.
Thanks to Maurice E for the tip
AEROSPATIALE / BAC CONCORDE
- High-detail 3D model based on extensive research and visits to museum-exhibit aircraft
- Fully animated exterior model including all access doors, engine inlet ramps, thrust-reverse buckets and control surfaces
- Concorde’s famous, multi-stage ‘nose droop’ and windscreen animations recreated via custom coding
- Crew-controlled Ground Power Unit and boarding steps
- Full interior and exterior night-lighting
- PBR textures (P3D v4/v5 only)
- Truly 3D virtual cockpit featuring accurate controls and detailed texturing (PBR for P3D v4/5 only)
- 3D modelled dials throughout: HSI, ADI, ‘whiskey’ compass and other high-detail instruments with smooth animations
- Optional, configurable cockpit crew, along with optional air hostess during boarding and disembarking of passengers
- Captain, First Officer and Engineer’s station all operational
- Animated cockpit ‘stretch’ during Mach 2 flight, in accordance with high fuselage temperature ‘supercruise’ conditions
- Fully modelled passenger cabin with working displays, lighting, access doors and other unique animations
- Aircraft modelled and optimised for high-performance on all systems, and for use with Virtual Reality headsets
- Accurate flight model with Mach 2 ‘supercruise’ capability and realistic handling throughout the flight envelope
- Working TCAS display
- Inertial Navigation System based upon simulator’s internal GPS / flight plan system
- Custom-coded engineer’s station with operationally required tasks, including fuel management for Centre of Gravity control during high-altitude cruise
- British Airways 1985-1987
- British Airways 1998-2003
- Air France 1976-2003
- Singapore Airlines G-BOAD
MANUAL / PAINT KIT
A full operations manual and paint kit is included.