Helicopter developer, Cowan Sim, have released their 500E for Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Released as an early version product, the team say the aircraft will be updated ‘after feedback is received’. Furthermore, the helicopter comes with certain sim limitations which the team have addressed with workarounds. For example, the team say ‘you will have to use a mouse or VR controller for the throttle.’, with hardware bindings being updated by Asobo and CowanSim implementing the code in an update after that.
The 500E features a five-bladed main rotor and has a max cruise speed of 135kt, making it a versatile helicopter suitable to a variety of missions. The simulated aircraft comes with customisable options to adjust weight and balance and passenger configurations.
You can purchase a copy of Cowan Sim’s 500E from their website for $32.99.
- Free Future Updates
- Detailed Paint Kit
- Tested and Zeroed in by Real Pilots
- Realistic start up procedure
- Pilots & Passengers
- 48 Paint Jobs (liveries)
- Dynamic Weight Options
- Spot Light (will be functional in a later update)
- Spray Kit (will be functional in a later update)
- Cineflex Camera (will be functional in a later update)
- Wwsie Fully Dynamic Sound Pack
- Virtual Reality Ready
- Realistic Flight Dynamics
- 4K PBR Textures
- Custom 3D instruments
- Detailed Night Lighting