Scenery developer Cloudsurf Asia has released Singapore Changi Airport for Microsoft Flight Simulator. The newly released airport from the development team brings one of the busiest airports in the world to the new simulator. Singapore Changi Airport (WSSS), located in Singapore, is home to Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot and various cargo operators. The airport is known for its huge layout, impressive terminal designs and scenic approach. Aircraft such as the A380, 747 and A320 all make regular appearances to destinations such as the US, China, and various parts of Europe.
The release has been dubbed as an “Open Beta” by the scenery developers as they continue to search for fixes and improvements by continuing to learn the SDK and the new simulator. However, the feature list for the product includes details on the fact it includes full PBR materials, HDR night lighting and handcrafted modelling for the airport. All areas of the airport including terminals 1-4, cargo and maintenance areas have been developed with extensive detail, with custom taxiway signs and markings helping pilots navigate the large international airport. Furthermore, the airport has animated skytrains, radars and also static aircraft.
CloudSurf Asia Simulations says that the airport is optimised for performance and represents an accurate layout of the airport which makes it “VATSIM ready.”
Future development of the product may include possible terminal interior modelling, more objects in the immediate area of the airport and also animated cars and busses.
Update 22nd Jan 2020 @ 09:00z: Orbx has also added it to OrbxDirect for $18.99 AUD (approximately US$14.68 | €12,08 | £10.74)
- Massive custom-built, handcrafted Changi Airport built for MSFS
- Full PBR on all airport objects
- Detailed and crisp textures on all terminals
- Fully modeled terminal 1, 2, 3, 4, Cargo area and Maintenance Areas
- Full HDR stunning night lighting across the airport
- Custom static aircraft and strategically placed for best online flying experience like VATSIM
- Bridge Taxiway, Animated Skytrain and Radars
- Stunning Jewel exterior with minimal interior
- Custom Taxiway signs and markings
- Custom detailed ground textures
- LOD Optimized for best performance
- VATSIM ready, all airport data up-to-date
- Custom and animated jetways specifically made for Changi Airport
- FREE future updates!!