Captain Sim has released a new update for its 757 Captain III for Prepar3D. Version 1.6 of the aircraft adds Prepar3D v5 support, new glass rain effects, a range of fixes and much more. This is the first update to the aircraft since December 2019.
Posted over on the update history/changelog, Captain Sim has shared an extensive list of changes that have come with the update. For most users, it’s a great sign to see that Prepar3D v5 is now officially supported. The update also brings the aircraft in-line with their 767 which offers glass rain effects and also refresh rate settings via ACE. The update also has introduced a range of fixes including the modelling of the throttle quadrant, autolanding, and also various aircraft systems.
You can download the installer from Captain Sim which will bring the aircraft up to the latest version.
Otherwise, you can buy Captain Sim’s 757 Captain III from the Captain Sim website for $75.70.
Thanks to sns787 for the tip.
Captain Sim 757 Captain III Version 1.6 Update
- P3D5 support.
- GlaCS (glass rain effects).
- CRT displays definition and refresh rate settings added to ACE.
- CDU Cargo and PAX configuration.
- Functional oxygen equipment.
- Throttle quadrant shape.
- The FD at TO should give guidance for an 8 degree pitch up. Immediately after TO, it then gives guidance for a speed of V2+15 to V2+25.
- VNAV separated from A/T.
- HOLD altitude below transition level.
- FMC version info page MENU > SETUP > page 2.
- P3D4 Autoland flight resaved.
- Corrupted symbols when load saved flight.
- If I enter my wind data in the FMC in the CRZ, it works first, but from this moment on the displays on the PROG and LEGS RTE DATA page start to spin.
- Utility Buses do not load shed during engine start.
- HSI VECTORS waypoint draw.
- T/C and T/D calculation.
- Fuel flow on current leg calculation.
- FMC Message MAX ALT FLXXX.
- Freighter weights.
- EPR switch light should not go off at 80kts.
- OIL TEMP yellow values.
- RR the commanded EPR and actual EPR are not aligned after engine stablized.
- On APU state has flaps at 10.
- Reserve Brakes switch labeling.
- Cabin door opens in flight deck only models.
- The actual fuel fuel is being displayed in pounds while the fuel weight was changed to KG via CDU Menu (KG is correctly displayed on the overhead panel).
- Aircraft vertical speed far exceeds -1250fpm during a cruise descent.
- Engine N2 over speed and HI-STAGE.
- RB211-535E4 idles much higher than the E4B.
- EPR calculation.
- Lights fx.
- Winglet strobe lights position.